Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3x credit increase a second time?

tag
forceedge99
Contributor

Amex 3x credit increase a second time?

Now I usually wouldn't do this, but since I only have a 12k limit I was thinking instead of asking for a triple I go for a double to 24k.

Does this seem a little high or silly to do?

Thanks
BCE - 12k
Cap 1 QuickSilver - 1.75k
Citi Dividend - 2.4k
Discover It - 2k
Chase - 800
Your FICO® score at Equifax is 725 (Update: Increased to 751) =]
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex 3x credit increase a second time?

@forceedge99 wrote:
Now I usually wouldn't do this, but since I only have a 12k limit I was thinking instead of asking for a triple I go for a double to 24k.

Does this seem a little high or silly to do?

Thanks

Not at all! I was initially approved for $11k, and on my 61 day 3x i asked for $25k and got it no problem!

Message 2 of 14
forceedge99
Contributor

Hmm, sounds good!

Should I go for the full 36k or keep it at 24k
BCE - 12k
Citi Dividend - 2.4k
Discover It - 2k
Chase - 800
Message 3 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Question, have you used the cl? Will your income warrant such an increase? I'm asking because the other cc's in your siggy have much lower CL's. 

Message 4 of 14
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@forceedge99 wrote:
Hmm, sounds good!

Should I go for the full 36k or keep it at 24k

I would actually go for $25k. If your income warrants it, and you're willing to provide documents if asked, $36k shouldn't be a problem either. But like lexie said, if you haven't really used your card enough, $36k may be too much and it's safer to go the $25k route and be countered.

Message 5 of 14
forceedge99
Contributor

Haven't updated my sig yet -_-

current cards

BCE 12000

dicover it 2000

citi dividend 2400

capital one quicksilver 2000

chase a measly 800

i make roughly 40k a year at the moment. Only 23 of age

do you think they'll request documents? If so which

BCE - 12k
Citi Dividend - 2.4k
Discover It - 2k
Chase - 800
Message 6 of 14
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@forceedge99 wrote:

current cards

BCE 12000

dicover it 2000

citi dividend 2400

chase a measly 800

BCE definitely seems to be the positive outlier; I would then shoot for $25k, and worse comes to worst they either counter or deny it at this point in time. You have nothing to lose Smiley Happy

Also when was the last time you asked for a CLI on your Cap One cards? Or are they new? You can ask for a CLI every 6 months on them, all via SP. If you've had them at the same limit for over a year with no success, contacting the EO may be fruitful to up your limits more on par with the BCE. It's obvious you're doing something right!

Message 7 of 14
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

I had no problems going from $12.5K to $24K on my second Amex X3  CLI. 

I, too, thought long and hard about asling for more than $25K, perhaps even going for $36K.  In the end, the thought of potentially having to submit tax/income paperwork, which MIGHT occur for those exceeding the proverbial $25K threshold, just made it not worthwhie, at least for now!  I Of course that option always exists down the road, if I choose! 

Anyways, GOOD LUCK on your outcome!  I'm sure you'll do well, either way!!!

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 8 of 14
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

That Chase Freedom could easily change if you garden and app for a new chase card... quite easily.

Good luck!

I absolutely say, see if the account will give it to you... if yes, then great you don't have to worry about CLI with Amex anymore.

Message 9 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@forceedge99 wrote:

current cards

BCE 12000

dicover it 2000

citi dividend 2400

chase a measly 800

i make roughly 40k a year at the moment. Only 23 of age

do you think they'll request documents? If so which

Amex would ask you to provide them copies of your tax transcript by way of executing FORM 4506-T

the worse case scenario is the CLI would be denied and your current limit would remain.  By viewing your tax info, some find it an invasion of privacy because of the data it includes. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.