Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3x second round

tag
DomLS3
Regular Contributor

Amex 3x second round

I originally signed up for my BCP and got instantly approved for a $5,000 limit. 60 days later I attempted the 3x CLI and was instantly approved for the $15,000 limit. Now I'm another 60 days ahead of my last CLI... and was wondering... did anyone else attempt another 3x cli after the 120 day mark, and did you get approved or denied? If approved, did you get the full 3x to $45,000, or a counter offer?

Thanks

EQ: 807 | TU: 823 | EX: 817
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex 3x second round

@DomLS3 wrote:

I originally signed up for my BCP and got instantly approved for a $5,000 limit. 60 days later I attempted the 3x CLI and was instantly approved for the $15,000 limit. Now I'm another 60 days ahead of my last CLI... and was wondering... did anyone else attempt another 3x cli after the 120 day mark, and did you get approved or denied? If approved, did you get the full 3x to $45,000, or a counter offer?

Thanks

You can't apply for another CLI right now.  You have to wait 180 days after your initial CLI.

Message 2 of 6
uswala
Senior Contributor

You usually have to wait 180 days after your last CLI for next one. However, you can try as if you try and they say you are not eligible yet, you can still try after 180 days of your previous CLI.

Message 3 of 6
DomLS3
Regular Contributor

Oh, I completely forgot the 180 day rule. Thanks

EQ: 807 | TU: 823 | EX: 817
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DomLS3 wrote:

Thanks

From my understanding you have to wait 180 days from your last CLI. Good luck!!!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't there the general rule that Amex is very unlikely to give you more than $25k on single card w/o a HP or auto love.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.