Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

Re: Amex 3xcli with balance?

My situation was a little different. I had a Simply Cash up to the limit until the zero interest ran out this January. I applied for Platinum and was declined due to something about payments not  being enough on American Express accounts; I was only paying the minimum payment each month. Once the promotional interest ran out and I paid it off, I was approved for the Delta and Premier Rewards Gold card.

As long as you are making large payments, you shouldn't have a problem. I reckon any lender would be hesitant to grant more credit to someone when they haven't paid back what they have borrowed yet.

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Re: Amex 3xcli with balance?

That's the denial Im scared of!!!

I wonder what their ideal % of total bal per month is required to not get declined for that? Lol
I literally just paid $800 today. I plan to pay at least that much in mid April and mid May. I was pif, but then made a big charge for something personal lol to take advantage of the 0%. Eh, at the end of the day.. I still have a $10,500 cl Amex BCE. Never thought I'd even get that far. And if I get denied come
June 3rd, I'll just keep paying new charges in full and working that balance down to def be pif by the expiration date (10/13/13) LOL!
Thanks guys :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k| West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+