Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 4506-T woes!

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex 4506-T woes!

Amex is wonderful in all that they do.

I think the real issue is that once you have earned a certain credit line with them -20-30k or even 40k+ range, they probably feel the potential return is diminishing so they don't just hand those out.

Realize: credit card receivables are Amex's primary asset(s); I don't think that they do auto or even mortgage loans. And most of us that have those higher credit lines pay in full.

It would only be natural that they'd like to put you through a hassle.

I have certainly found myself that a FR is rare, but that also just trying to get over the $30-35k in total Amex cls is a bit of a feat, even with a six fig income.

Of course, I could be completely wrong about everything. LOL

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 21 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Amex is wonderful in all that they do.

I think the real issue is that once you have earned a certain credit line with them -20-30k or even 40k+ range, they probably feel the potential return is diminishing so they don't just hand those out.

Realize: credit card receivables are Amex's primary asset(s); I don't think that they do auto or even mortgage loans. And most of us that have those higher credit lines pay in full.

It would only be natural that they'd like to put you through a hassle.

I have certainly found myself that a FR is rare, but that also just trying to get over the $30-35k in total Amex cls is a bit of a feat, even with a six fig income.

Of course, I could be completely wrong about everything. LOL

As the OP, I had (in this case) no problems with Amex requesting the 4506-T,.  My only surprise was how difficult it was to get them to accept it (much more so than in the past), which they explained by the statement "We have to be very careful" so I assume that the IRS is asking for better quality forms, at least from that particular office. 

But Amex is happy with what they have now, haven't heard back so presumably the IRS will accept it, then Amex can make their decisions.

Message 22 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Haven't received anything from Amex yet, but logging into my account it seems they approved my CLI.  So pretty quick, one week from when they were happy with the submitted form.

Message 23 of 25
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

Haven't received anything from Amex yet, but logging into my account it seems they approved my CLI.  So pretty quick, one week from when they were happy with the submitted form.

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 25
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Yeah it seams that way, Congrats Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.