Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 60 day CLI question

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex 60 day CLI question

I wouldn't waste your time trying to complain to amex about it... they chose to let customer service and training go when most banks are choosing to bring it back to the US... that speaks volumes!

Message 11 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@kkapdolee wrote:
There are a lot of knowledgeable members here on the Fico forums and I have a lot of respect for you guys. Although I don't know for sure, I'm much more inclined to believe this forum then the Amex customer service supervisor.

If it turns out to be the case that she was wrong, I think that its a terrible practice for a rep to give out wrong information as fact. Should I file a complaint against this supervisor if found false?

There's nothing that'll be done about it; happens with every lender all the time.  It's the way the world is until the compensation structure is changed in the typical call center (I used to work in them).  Other than spending your time without purpose, and I would suggest there's better uses for anyone's time than that.

        
Message 12 of 17
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

Getting a new card does not reset the 60 days, I was approved for my CLI with a new card opened in the 60 day period.
Message 13 of 17
blackhawk2
Valued Member

I was just approved for the 3xCLI on my BCE after receiving the SPG just a couple of weeks ago. So as previously mentioned, an approval does not reset any date related to the 61 day CLI.

Amex BCE 18k I Amex SPG 6k I CSP 8k I Chase Marriott 7k I Discover It 3.5k I Chase Freedom 2.1k

EX: 735 | EQ: 767 | TU: 770

Credit cards are great when you don't need them.
Message 14 of 17
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

To add to the datapoint, I was approved CLI for my first card >60 while my second card is still <60.

A new card does not reset the 60 day clock.

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 15 of 17
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@kkapdolee wrote:

If it turns out to be the case that she was wrong, I think that its a terrible practice for a rep to give out wrong information as fact. Should I file a complaint against this supervisor if found false?

It's not really AmEx's "practice" to give out incorrect information.  While this doesn't excuse it, CSR's at any company (not just creditors) make mistakes and can provide inaccurate information.  Your call on whether it's worth it to complain or not.

There's a 3X CLI thread here at myFICO that contains a lot of good information including the deal with 61 days/6 months.  Definitely read that thread if you have not done so already.

While CSR's should provide correct information at all times in every case that's just not the reality and each consumer should use every available tool to self-educate.

@Revelate wrote:
It's the way the world is until the compensation structure is changed in the typical call center (I used to work in them).  Other than spending your time without purpose, and I would suggest there's better uses for anyone's time than that.

That is the nature of the beast with with CSR's and even sales reps.  A lot of consumers rely on them as if they are experts on the subject matter at hand.  An expert, unfortunately, is qualified for better jobs.  That said, there are plenty of good CSR's and sales reps out there.  Specific negative experiences don't represent every CSR and sales rep out there.

In other words, a healthy dose of skepticism can be beneficial but don't just assume that they're all bad eggs.

Message 16 of 17
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@kkapdolee wrote:

It's not really AmEx's "practice" to give out incorrect information.  While this doesn't excuse it, CSR's at any company (not just creditors) make mistakes and can provide inaccurate information.  Your call on whether it's worth it to complain or not.

There's a 3X CLI thread here at myFICO that contains a lot of good information including the deal with 61 days/6 months.  Definitely read that thread if you have not done so already.

While CSR's should provide correct information at all times in every case that's just not the reality and each consumer should use every available tool to self-educate as well as validation and corroboration.

Thanks.

I did read the 3X CLI thread but it didn't answer my specific question of resetting the 60 day clock when a second account is opened.

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.