Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 61 DAY cli DENIED and 90 DAY CLI DENIED

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex 61 DAY cli DENIED and 90 DAY CLI DENIED

@BruinTheNursePractitioner wrote:

No offense SunriseEarth, but your sig show you have no AmEx cards...

How do you know how AmEx operates?

You are correct in that I don't currently have an AMEX.  I did have an AMEX revolver back in 1998, which I paid off and closed prior to my BK in 2005.   So when my rebuild is at the point where I can return to AMEX, I'll have a very nice MSD.  

In any case, I'm pretty sure even a subprime lender would balk at an extremely high amount of INQ, a very low AAoA, and a very high number of new TLs.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 21 of 31
Bsong
Regular Contributor

Hi everyone,

So... I received my letter and it stated that it was due to my short relationship with them and a derogatory mark on my report. 

I called the EO and spoke with somone in regards to the second reason becuase I read on the forums that they will only recon if they have incorrect info... 

Person stated that he see's no negative marks on my report but does see that my account was only been opened in July. He then stated to try again in January or February since they require 6 months before granting a CLI. 

I know regret not using the card more since we all know that the 6 months period is'nt true for everyone. 

So for anyone looking to get the 61 day cli, USE THE HECK OUTTA THE CARD and you'll have better chances. If you're like me and dont use the card, you'll be at 6 months... 

Message 22 of 31
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

I think it's jus ymmv, I got my 61day cli only spending ~50, so you don't really need to use the heck out of it, just use it normally and the cli will come sooner or later.

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 23 of 31
rlx01
Established Contributor

Hmm... Where did the computer see the derog then?

Sounds like you just got unlucky.
Message 24 of 31
Bsong
Regular Contributor

@rlx01 wrote:

Thats what I was questioning with the EO and he just stated that he doesnt see anything. 

However, when I opened the acct back in July, I did have a medical collection that was added but removed the same month becuase it was in error. I offered to provide an updated report to the EO but he statatd that he didnt need it since it doesnt show anything on the report he was looking at. 

Im thinking about calling back and trying again but at the same time I feel like they would deny me anyways since I havnt used the card since August. 

Message 25 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Bsong wrote:

@rlx01 wrote:

Thats what I was questioning with the EO and he just stated that he doesnt see anything. 

However, when I opened the acct back in July, I did have a medical collection that was added but removed the same month becuase it was in error. I offered to provide an updated report to the EO but he statatd that he didnt need it since it doesnt show anything on the report he was looking at. 

Im thinking about calling back and trying again but at the same time I feel like they would deny me anyways since I havnt used the card since August. 

It's likely you may get the same end-result.  Just use it frequently going forward and see about a CLI at the next review period.

Message 26 of 31
ard991
Valued Member

FWIW, I recently got approved for the 3x cli with my AMEX BCP at 61 days ($2000 to $6000) last week.  Pushed about 3k through it in that time period, but also only have 3-4 HPs.  Income reported ~56k.  

Just another data point.  I agree with the others -- you probably didn't spend enough.  

Message 27 of 31
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Don't think I saw anyone mention, make sure you have a 0 bal when your requesting the CLI. I've gotten bumped from 2k to 5k to 15k without ever really putting more then 1k through the card at any given time because of the fact I use other cards as well. My monthly spend on my BCP as it was growing was below 500. So I'm not going to disagree with others but I don't think spending a lot is the main reason why they didn't give you the CLI, there must be something else AMEX sees. As I mentioned, try applying for a CLI with a 0 bal.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 28 of 31
navyox
Regular Contributor

@rlx01 wrote:

You're using the card wrong. Why would they CLI you if you're putting $200 on it a month?

Your util on the card is irrelevant until your statement closes. You should be putting ALL your spend on it, and if you get close to the limit, pay it down online *before the statement closes*. You should even attempt to close it with a $0 balance. That way AMEX sees you're a heavy spender and you're not a risk -> CLI.

This 10% util thing is really misunderstood on the forums. First, it's wrong. Second, it's only useful when you're planning to app for something. And it's not 10%. It's *one* reported balance on *one* card out of all your cards. This could be $1, but should be less than $500 or 10% of your total CL, whichever is lower. The rest should be reporting $0.

+1, but I'd take it a step further; don't bother with paying it down to $0 "before the statement closes", just use it heavily and PIF when the statement cuts.    This whole pay before it cuts is just a trick we use to massage our utilization.    I just feel like it's unnecessary 99% of the time, including the OPs situation.    Just use the card (for what you'd normally spend) and PIF when you get a statement, nice and simple.

Off-Topic Rant Warning!    People get way too hung up on this pay before statement cuts.  Yeah, I get it, if you are applying for something you want your score optimized for that.    But we had some dude raging a few weeks ago that a lender DARED to report his balance before he had gotten to hide it lol.    He wasn't even applying for anything!

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 29 of 31
Beane
Regular Contributor

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

Don't think I saw anyone mention, make sure you have a 0 bal when your requesting the CLI. I've gotten bumped from 2k to 5k to 15k without ever really putting more then 1k through the card at any given time because of the fact I use other cards as well. My monthly spend on my BCP as it was growing was below 500. So I'm not going to disagree with others but I don't think spending a lot is the main reason why they didn't give you the CLI, there must be something else AMEX sees. As I mentioned, try applying for a CLI with a 0 bal.

I had $700/$2000 on my BCE when I asked for my 3xCLI and go it instantly $2000->$6000.   I'd put around $1000 on it during the first 61 days.

FICO EQ: 733 TU: 727 CS FAKO EX: 737                                                                                               In the garden since 5/9/13
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.