Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 61st Day, Should I?

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Amex 61st Day, Should I?

My Costco Amex 61st day is right around the corner.

My past months application history:

Sep, NFCU goRewards, 

Aug, Chase Freedom & DCU membership,

Jul, Discover it & Costco Amex,

Jun, USAA CLI (HP, denied) & NFCU cashRewards.

Should I ask for a CLI from Amex? If so, should I shoot for 24.9K?

(My last app NFCU goRewards was only approved 1K)

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex 61st Day, Should I?

Ouch. No reason not to ask for cli. Worse they can do is say no which prevents you from asking for another 90 days. Given the negatives, they won't solve themselves in 90 days either. So basically no downside given Amex nice cli policy. As for how much, since they counter, ask for full amount.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 32
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Crashem

Are you referring to the new accts as negatives?
Message 3 of 32
Crashem
Valued Contributor

All the inquires and new credit as negatives. I assume score went down and I would guess Amex a little nervous to extend more credit given all the new credit since approval. But as I said, no downside to asking now as the amount two issues won't really change in 90 days.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 32
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

From OPs previous posts there wasn't a decrease in scores. I do agree with you that the inq's and new accts in general are negatives and all they can say is 'no'.
Message 5 of 32
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I asked for $24,500 as it's a more round number, but reports indicate that if you stay below 25k then when you ask for a cli over 25k you might get it with no tax verification.

Idk lol haven't tried it
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 32
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I asked for $24,500 as it's a more round number, but reports indicate that if you stay below 25k then when you ask for a cli over 25k you might get it with no tax verification.

Idk lol haven't tried it

Just as FYI I asked for CLI from 15k to 30k on my Delta card last week and got an instant approval, no questions asked.  I'm not saying this is normal or that I won't get a FR down the road (nothing to hide) but that it doesn't automatically = tax documents.

also on the day of approval my EQ Fico was 784 and reported utilization was 18%

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 7 of 32
JonStur
Established Contributor

I agree with everyone sayin there's nothing to lose if you go for it now...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 8 of 32
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Ok, I will give it a shot. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 32
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.