Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 61st day CLI while opted-out for pre-screen

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex 61st day CLI while opted-out for pre-screen

Dear all,

I've just chosen to opt-out pre-screen offers via OptOutPrescreen.com, and my 61st day of Amex card is coming soon. Now I'm wondering if I'll be able to get Amex 61 day CLI via SP?

I don't think opting out prescreens will block any attempted SP on my CR, but not 100% sure.

btw, I checked my Experian report regularly and contrary to what is said in the popular Amex 3x CLI guide thread, I didn't find ANY Amex SP yet ...

Any thoughts? Appreciate it!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex 61st day CLI while opted-out for pre-screen

@Anonymous wrote:

Dear all,

I've just chosen to opt-out pre-screen offers via OptOutPrescreen.com, and my 61st day of Amex card is coming soon. Now I'm wondering if I'll be able to get Amex 61 day CLI via SP?

I don't think opting out prescreens will block any attempted SP on my CR, but not 100% sure.

btw, I checked my Experian report regularly and contrary to what is said in the popular Amex 3x CLI guide thread, I didn't find ANY Amex SP yet ...

Since you have a relationship with Amex, they have what's called permissible purpose, meaning they can check your credit when they see fit. Opted in/out just means the CRAs can't sell your info to marketers.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex 61st day CLI while opted-out for pre-screen

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Dear all,

Since you have a relationship with Amex, they have what's called permissible purpose, meaning they can check your credit when they see fit. Opted in/out just means the CRAs can't sell your info to marketers.

Thanks for the clarification! I wasn't aware of the existence of "permissible purpose". Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.