Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 7.9% Fixed Blue Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex 7.9% Fixed Blue Offer

Hi Everyone -

I really want to get the Amex Blue Cash Card, however, I'm waiting for one last credit report fix. In the mean time, I got an online offer on my Amex account page, to get a blue card with 7.9% fixed! This was exciting to see, however, I want the blue cash, not the original blue card. Do you all think it would be possible to call Amex and get the 7.99% fixed on the blue cash card??

Thoughts? Ideas?

As always, thanks for the help!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tavares
New Contributor

Re: Amex 7.9% Fixed Blue Offer

pj,

I would go ahead and apply for that offer and try to convert at activation or after.  They usually don't change the rates/agreement when converting.  I have done it with BofA and Chase in the past.  It still does not hurt to call and ask them.

Good Luck,

Tavares
FAKO - EX: 749 | EQ: 769 | TU: 749
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The APR on a card like the blue cash shouldn't matter. If you carry a balance at all, you're losing the cash rebate value and the rewards are pointless.
Message 3 of 5
Platinum25
New Contributor

Is this offer available to anyone with a Blue card?  I have one and have had to APR lowered to 11.24%, but if I can get lower (since I sometimes carry a balance) i'd like to get lower.  Is it worth another phone call to AMEX to ask that they reduce my APR or is it something I can do right on their website?

Thanks.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChiTownTimmay wrote:
Is this offer available to anyone with a Blue card? I have one and have had to APR lowered to 11.24%, but if I can get lower (since I sometimes carry a balance) i'd like to get lower. Is it worth another phone call to AMEX to ask that they reduce my APR or is it something I can do right on their website?

Thanks.

I'm not sure it is available to anyone - I received the offer directly on my gold card account page - but, I would give it a try! Good luck!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.