Established Contributor
Pj1369

Amex 7.9% Fixed Blue Offer

Hi Everyone -

I really want to get the Amex Blue Cash Card, however, I'm waiting for one last credit report fix. In the mean time, I got an online offer on my Amex account page, to get a blue card with 7.9% fixed! This was exciting to see, however, I want the blue cash, not the original blue card. Do you all think it would be possible to call Amex and get the 7.99% fixed on the blue cash card??

Thoughts? Ideas?

As always, thanks for the help!
Time to clean house and get rid of CCs from bad CCCs. Opt'd Out and Paying off the Balance: BofA. Closed: Chase Freedom. Keeping: Amex Blue, Amex Costco Cash back, Citi Forward, USAA MC, USAA Amex, and PenFed Platinum Cash Back. Next up for review: Chase Sapphire...
New Contributor
Tavares

Re: Amex 7.9% Fixed Blue Offer

pj,

I would go ahead and apply for that offer and try to convert at activation or after.  They usually don't change the rates/agreement when converting.  I have done it with BofA and Chase in the past.  It still does not hurt to call and ask them.

Good Luck,

Tavares
FAKO - EX: 749 | EQ: 769 | TU: 749
Established Member
sasronin

The APR on a card like the blue cash shouldn't matter. If you carry a balance at all, you're losing the cash rebate value and the rewards are pointless.
New Contributor
ChiTownTimmay

Is this offer available to anyone with a Blue card?  I have one and have had to APR lowered to 11.24%, but if I can get lower (since I sometimes carry a balance) i'd like to get lower.  Is it worth another phone call to AMEX to ask that they reduce my APR or is it something I can do right on their website?

Thanks.
Established Contributor
Pj1369

ChiTownTimmay wrote:
Is this offer available to anyone with a Blue card? I have one and have had to APR lowered to 11.24%, but if I can get lower (since I sometimes carry a balance) i'd like to get lower. Is it worth another phone call to AMEX to ask that they reduce my APR or is it something I can do right on their website?

Thanks.

I'm not sure it is available to anyone - I received the offer directly on my gold card account page - but, I would give it a try! Good luck!
Time to clean house and get rid of CCs from bad CCCs. Opt'd Out and Paying off the Balance: BofA. Closed: Chase Freedom. Keeping: Amex Blue, Amex Costco Cash back, Citi Forward, USAA MC, USAA Amex, and PenFed Platinum Cash Back. Next up for review: Chase Sapphire...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+