Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 90 days between CLI if declined

tag
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Amex 90 days between CLI if declined

So I just got off chat with the rep to inquire about when my last CLI request was since they declined me for a CLI on my BCP for too many inquires awhile ago. I stated to the rep that I wanted to know if it has been 90 days and the rep told me that the 90 cap is not in effect anymore and you can request any time. I asked when this new thing took place and he said about a month or 2 ago. 

Just wanted to share, not sure how accurate the info is so take it with a grain of salt.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Amex 90 days between CLI if declined

You can request whenever you want. The system will auto-deny you if it's been less than 90 days (since denied) or 180 days (since approved). AFAIK, this hasn't changed.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex 90 days between CLI if declined

hmm sounds like inconsistency with reps. My 90 day cli was august 24th which was denied. And august 24th is basically a month away so..... Guess we will have to get more folks chatting or calling in. Or have someone that was denied a CLI less than 90 days ago get approved for one.
@ojefferyo wrote:

So I just got off chat with the rep to inquire about when my last CLI request was since they declined me for a CLI on my BCP for too many inquires awhile ago. I stated to the rep that I wanted to know if it has been 90 days and the rep told me that the 90 cap is not in effect anymore and you can request any time. I asked when this new thing took place and he said about a month or 2 ago. 

Just wanted to share, not sure how accurate the info is so take it with a grain of salt.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.