Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex AAoA

tag
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Amex AAoA

So, I have had an Amex card since 1990 and I just recently, yesterday, decided to get the Amex BCE and got a $10K limit. So once approved, I linked to my current Amex online account and see that it says "member since 1990" when I go to both accounts. Does that mean I will now have an additional card reporting back to 1990? If so, that would help my overall AAoA all together, yes?

https://imgur.com/z5Gh6oC

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex AAoA

@merlinflex wrote:

So, I have had an Amex card since 1990 and I just recently, yesterday, decided to get the Amex BCE and got a $10K limit. So once approved, I linked to my current Amex online account and see that it says "member since 1990" when I go to both accounts. Does that mean I will now have an additional card reporting back to 1990? If so, that would help my overall AAoA all together, yes?

https://imgur.com/z5Gh6oC

Thanks in advance!

Yes and yes.  

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes and Yes Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it will auto backdate. All of mine have. It will report to the CRAs and it will help your AAoA. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 14
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Sweet!! Thanks! That is good news! Thanks all!
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Irish beat me to it! Darn phone and its slow refreshing
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Irish beat me to it! Darn phone and its slow refreshing

Yeah, phone will slow you up.  I have my iPad.  Unfair advantage 😀

Message 7 of 14
EW800
Valued Contributor

Sounds like I am in the same boat.  Can anyone comment?  I have had an Amex card since 1997 in good standing.  About three weeks I was approved for the Amex Everyday.  The card says member since 1997, as does the on-line account.  This card has not hit my credit reports yet, however it sounds like this should not have a negative impact on my AAoA, as it will show as an account since 1997?

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EW800 wrote:

Sounds like I am in the same boat.  Can anyone comment?  I have had an Amex card since 1997 in good standing.  About three weeks I was approved for the Amex Everyday.  The card says member since 1997, as does the on-line account.  This card has not hit my credit reports yet, however it sounds like this should not have a negative impact on my AAoA, as it will show as an account since 1997?

Correct.  It will show as 1997 and help, not hurt, your AAoA

Message 9 of 14
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

From what I am hearing and what I have read, it will help and hit your CR's in a few weeks or so. That is what I am waiting to see. I don't even have the card yet, but guessing it will show up in a week or so and then I will activate and probably will hit my CR shortly afterwards, a month max I am guessing! Congrats to you too!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.