gurusexy
Regular Contributor

Amex APR Decrease Offer

Anyone else got this offer via snail mail or email? never happened to me before

Capture.PNG

400K+ in open revolvers. 8% UTIL,
Inquiries- TU:2, EQ:2, EX: 3
Starting Scores: 6/12 EX: 613 11/13 TU:614
06/18: F08EX: 781; F08EQ: 787; F08TU:769 Short term goal: 800+ across all 3 Bureaus. Last app 07/19 (BBVA Personal Loan - Approved with Hard pull).
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex APR Decrease Offer

Not me, but congratsSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 12
Bone35
Regular Contributor

@gurusexy wrote:

Anyone else got this offer via snail mail or email? never happened to me before

Capture.PNG

Received one today too.

4.99% for 12 months

Not going to bite but I think I might jump on chat and see if there's a permanent APR decrease available Smiley Happy See if there's a correlation.

I'll post back and let you know.

Message 3 of 12
Bone35
Regular Contributor

Well just got off chat....no dice.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bone35 wrote:

Received one today too.

4.99% for 12 months

Not going to bite but I think I might jump on chat and see if there's a permanent APR decrease available Smiley Happy See if there's a correlation.

Out of curiosity, why WOULDN'T you take the offer?  It doesn't look like they're asking for any kind of commitment on your end.  

Message 5 of 12
Bone35
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bone35 wrote:

Received one today too.

4.99% for 12 months

Out of curiosity, why WOULDN'T you take the offer?  It doesn't look like they're asking for any kind of commitment on your end.  

Great question...

2 reasons

1.    I would disqualify myself from any permanent APR reductions while the promo was in effect.  I'm looking for long-term apr reductions (which I have been receiving) 1-3% every few months with Amex. So essential I'd be missing out on at least couple reductions in that 12 month period .

2. I don't carry balances with Amex but if I did, it would have to be a 0% offer, not 4.99%

Hope that helps..

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX doesn't like people carrying balances and here they go encouraging it.

I'm not sure what they want. I would never carry a balance on my AMEX cards.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like I am in the middle. I got one for 6.99 for a year. I don’t even revolve my revolvers so not sure why i need this offer. Not going to bite at any rate as I have zero/zero balance transfer offer at navy. The typical 3% offers don’t get play so this one surely wouldn’t either.

Oh, and I’m with Donny. Amex doesn’t seem to like that behavior, so why are they encouraging it?? Perhaps they got a little Barclaycard on them, who knows, but I wouldn’t do it. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's cool! Congrats!
Message 9 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Sure woulda been nice to be asked. Oh well, my BCE turns 1 year old in 3 weeks so maybe then. I dont carry a balance either

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.