Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex APR reduced UPDATE: lowered more

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Amex APR reduced UPDATE: lowered more

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
Thinking of updating to BCP, and holding off on Sallie Mae until October 2017. Will ask for apr reduction when 0% runs out.

That's a long time to hold off on Sallie Mae! You don't seem to have very many new accounts - why wait so long? (Not that I even really like Sallie, but there's no reason to wait 2+ years unless I'm missing something)

But yes, if you're upgrading to BCP Sallie isn't necessary anyway

Message 21 of 54
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
Thinking of updating to BCP, and holding off on Sallie Mae until October 2017. Will ask for apr reduction when 0% runs out.

That's a long time to hold off on Sallie Mae! You don't seem to have very many new accounts - why wait so long? (Not that I even really like Sallie, but there's no reason to wait 2+ years unless I'm missing something)

But yes, if you're upgrading to BCP Sallie isn't necessary anyway

Higher score.  Smiley Wink. Use what I applied for.  Get rid of what I don't need.  Gonna do some spend on the Aviator to make the annual fee worth it, my internal score with barclay's and Chase will be pretty high.  Amex had bad quarter (again), along with capital one.  Interesting to see how the cards change.

Signature needs updating
Message 22 of 54
iCoop
Regular Contributor

The wait period is definitely not a month. I called in two weeks ago and had two of my cards dropped down to 17.24% (BCE) and 17.99% (Delta Gold Skymiles). I just saw this thread and used the chat instead and was able to get those same cards reduced to 15.24% and 15.99% respectively. The chat reps are definitely a lot nicer and willing to work with me versus doing the same request over the phone.

Anyone aware whether the chat reps can manually process a credit line increase for one of my cards (BCE) if another card on the account (Delta Gold Skymiles) has received an increase within the last 3 months?

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 54
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@iCoop wrote:

The wait period is definitely not a month. I called in two weeks ago and had two of my cards dropped down to 17.24% (BCE) and 17.99% (Delta Gold Skymiles). I just saw this thread and used the chat instead and was able to get those same cards reduced to 15.24% and 15.99% respectively. The chat reps are definitely a lot nicer and willing to work with me versus doing the same request over the phone.

Anyone aware whether the chat reps can manually process a credit line increase for one of my cards (BCE) if another card on the account (Delta Gold Skymiles) has received an increase within the last 3 months?

I'm pretty sure the 6 months between succesful CLIs is basically set in stone. I don't know of anyone getting around it

Message 24 of 54
iCoop
Regular Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@iCoop wrote:

I'm pretty sure the 6 months between succesful CLIs is basically set in stone. I don't know of anyone getting around it

Thanks for the swift response, I'll hold off on requesting the CLI then. But I will reach back out to get my APR reduced again in short order as my FICO scores have increased across all three bureaus to 795 (minimum) to 801 (maximum). So one would think I should be able to get prime + 7.99 a at least, preferably prime + 3.99.

Message 25 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today on my Blue Cash Preferred I dropped from 21.99% to 17.24%, and on my EveryDay I dropped from 21.99% to 15.99%.

My EveryDay card is newer than my BCP, rarely used, and has a much lower limit so I'm surprised I got more love on that than my BCP. The representative for my BCP said changes would not show until my next statement, while for my EveryDay the representative said changes will reflect online within 24-48 hours. 

Message 26 of 54
iCoop
Regular Contributor

@iCoop wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@iCoop wrote:

Thanks for the swift response, I'll hold off on requesting the CLI then. But I will reach back out to get my APR reduced again in short order as my FICO scores have increased across all three bureaus to 795 (minimum) to 801 (maximum). So one would think I should be able to get prime + 7.99 a at least, preferably prime + 3.99.

As a follow-up I reached back out today via chat and was able to get my APR on my Gold Skymiles reduced to Prime + 5.99 (10.24%). I asked for the same to be applied to my BCE card and the rep said that the request was an exception and would be denied for the BCE unless I waited for 2-3 cycles. So it still sits at 15.24%.

Message 27 of 54
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Has anyone got BCE/BCP APR below 11.24%? Talked to AMEX CS today and was told that my 11.24% was the lowest they can do on BCE.
Message 28 of 54
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It would be useful to list the cards where people for the lowered APR. Anyone able to get the APR reduced lower than the "lowest possible" aka what's advertised?

For example I tried to lower my APR lowered on my Amex BCE, but they said it's already at it's lowest at 12.99

They can definitely lower cards below the lowest advertised rate. rserla has 10.24% on their BCE, I started with the lowest advertised (15.24%) on my Gold Delta, a day or so after getting the card I had it lowered by 3%, then by another 2% today so it's at 10.24% as well.

What is the chat conversation like?

For me, I asked the rep (via chat) if there was any APR promotion or if I could lower my APR or go on a 12 months 0%. They inform me that I was already at my lowest possible. And that was the end of that...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Chatting-with-AMEX-CSR-s-can-be-lighthearted-and-fun-APR/td-p/4157352

i posted a copy of my chat here

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 29 of 54
NRB525
Super Contributor

@iCoop wrote:

@iCoop wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@iCoop wrote:

As a follow-up I reached back out today via chat and was able to get my APR on my Gold Skymiles reduced to Prime + 5.99 (10.24%). I asked for the same to be applied to my BCE card and the rep said that the request was an exception and would be denied for the BCE unless I waited for 2-3 cycles. So it still sits at 15.24%.

It sounds like multiple congratulations are in order!

Just for clarity, can you list out the dates of your chats and APR changes for the Delta SkyMiles card? That seems like a very rapid change in APR, sounds like it was within 1 month, all the changes?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 30 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.