Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex APR reduced UPDATE: lowered more

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex APR reduced UPDATE: lowered more

@firesword wrote:

Just lowered mine from prime+7.99 (11.24) to prime+3.99 (7.24)

No I don't need that Barclay's Ring I was thinking about.

Which card was this?

Message 31 of 54
firesword
Established Member

@Kenny wrote:

@firesword wrote:

Now I don't need that Barclay's Ring I was thinking about.

Which card was this?

The Everyday Card. It was a Blue card I had since 2008 that I product changed to the Everyday sometime last year.

Message 32 of 54
iCoop
Regular Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@iCoop wrote:

@iCoop wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@iCoop wrote:

The wait period is definitely not a month. I called in two weeks ago and had two of my cards dropped down to 17.24% (BCE) and 17.99% (Delta Gold Skymiles). I just saw this thread and used the chat instead and was able to get those same cards reduced to 15.24% and 15.99% respectively. The chat reps are definitely a lot nicer and willing to work with me versus doing the same request over the phone.

Anyone aware whether the chat reps can manually process a credit line increase for one of my cards (BCE) if another card on the account (Delta Gold Skymiles) has received an increase within the last 3 months?

I'm pretty sure the 6 months between succesful CLIs is basically set in stone. I don't know of anyone getting around it

Thanks for the swift response, I'll hold off on requesting the CLI then. But I will reach back out to get my APR reduced again in short order as my FICO scores have increased across all three bureaus to 795 (minimum) to 801 (maximum). So one would think I should be able to get prime + 7.99 a at least, preferably prime + 3.99.

As a follow-up I reached back out today via chat and was able to get my APR on my Gold Skymiles reduced to Prime + 5.99 (10.24%). I asked for the same to be applied to my BCE card and the rep said that the request was an exception and would be denied for the BCE unless I waited for 2-3 cycles. So it still sits at 15.24%.

It sounds like multiple congratulations are in order!

Just for clarity, can you list out the dates of your chats and APR changes for the Delta SkyMiles card? That seems like a very rapid change in APR, sounds like it was within 1 month, all the changes?

At this point I'm unsure of the exact dates but it was definitely all within a one month period (more like a three week period). Three APR reductions on the Gold Delta Skymiles. Two APR reductions on the BCE and may try for a third on that one as well. 

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 33 of 54
iCoop
Regular Contributor

@firesword wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

@firesword wrote:

Now I don't need that Barclay's Ring I was thinking about.

Which card was this?

The Everyday Card. It was a Blue card I had since 2008 that I product changed to the Everyday sometime last year.

How were you able to get them to product change your Blue card? I've tried twice now to change my Blue Cash card to a AmEx Everyday card to accrue MR points instead of Reward Dollars, but both times I was denied a product change. I've had the card for about 4 years now. The chat rep said to try again in 2-3 months for a product change.

Also I was able to reduce the APR on my Blue Cash card to prime + 9.49% = 12.74% so reducing APR's with American Express can definitely be done as soon as the prior reduction is complete in their systems. Which typically takes 24 hours.

Message 34 of 54
iCoop
Regular Contributor

Disregard as to the way to product change the Blue Cash card to an Everyday card. Not happening due to them being on two completely different account types. The Blue card was able to be product changed to the Everyday card because they both collect Membership Reward (MR) points. The BCE collects Rewards Dollars and thus I will not be able to change it unless I receive a personalized invitation.

Message 35 of 54
iCoop
Regular Contributor

American Express is the best with lowering APR limits on cards. I ws able to get my Gold Delta Skymiles down to 9.74% and my BCE down to 10.74%. I think this is the lowest I will get so I'm done until next year. Still pretty good rates versus what they offer to new customers when signing up.

Message 36 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two weeks after lowering my Gold Delta SkyMiles to 10.24%, I just had it lowered to an even 9%. Even though I don't plan on taking advantage of this, it's great Amex works with you on this.

Message 37 of 54
Dluvr22
Valued Member

Just my luck. After reading this thread I decided to give it a shot and get my APR lowered on both my AMEX Delta and BCE. I was successfull in getting them both reduced by 2% each.

(Delta 19.24 -17.24 and BCE 21.99 - 19.99)

I was hoping to start another chat to get it lowered some more in 30 days or so however I wioke up this morning only to find that they did a hard pull with EX causing a drop of 3 points. How are you guys getting multiple reductions on your APR with this?

Starting Score: EX 549 EQ 554 TU 569 on 04/01/2013
Current Fico Scores: EX 728 EQ 736 TU 756 Goal Score: 750 across all 3 bureaus
Message 38 of 54
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

@Dluvr22 wrote:

After reading this thread I decided to give it a shot and get my APR lowered on both my AMEX Delta and BCE. I was successfull in getting them both reduced by 2% each.

(Delta 19.24 -17.24 and BCE 21.99 - 19.99)

I was hoping to call again to get it lowered some more in 30 days or so however I wioke up this morning only to find that they did a hard pull with EX causing a drop of 3 points. How are you guys getting multiple reductions on your APR with this?

I received 4 APR reductions on my ED a few months back and none resulted in an HP. I haven't heard this from anyone else either. Did you initiate the request via chat? 

Also, where are you seeing an HP reported? If CreditKarma/Sesame/etc, I would actually check your reports. They are known to report SP's as HP's sometimes. 

☮ & ❤
Message 39 of 54
Dluvr22
Valued Member

Yes I initiated the request via chat on the Amex website.

I receieved the alert from my myFico App on my mobile device this morning.

Upon opoening it., I was greeted with " A new inquiry has been added to your credit report."

Company:Amex 

Starting Score: EX 549 EQ 554 TU 569 on 04/01/2013
Current Fico Scores: EX 728 EQ 736 TU 756 Goal Score: 750 across all 3 bureaus
Message 40 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.