Did you mean: 

Amex APR reduction - Delta

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex APR reduction - Delta

@NRB525 wrote:

Congrats!

My Delta is still on the 6.9 promo rate until mid November, then back to 19.24. Will definitely start checking then because of all my AMEX cards, this one is forever.

HHonors took two steps down a few months ago, 19.24 to 17.24 now at 15.24. I'm leaving that one there on the off chance there's another Holiday Promo, because from what I see other's results, to get the promo rates one has to have a standardized rate, like 19.24 or 17.24 or 15.24.

The SPG was reduced from 19.24 to 16.24, then just got another reduction last week to 14.99.

EDP is on a 0.00 new card promo, then an ugly 19.99 (presuming I keep it, which it's looking like I won't)

Ya same on the ED still on 0% apr.. I was happy on the Delta as this is a backdated account and plan on dropping my HHonors after it hits a year and PC the Delta backdated as 9.99% apr to the HHonors.. That is my plan and I plan to stick with itSmiley Happy.. Thus leaving 2 open revolver spots open.

Message 11 of 18
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

So had to try as I got an APR reduction about 3 or 4 months ago on my Delta..  Although I really don't use it much, still nice to have a good APR..  So my results are as follows.  Gotta love Amex with their APR reductionsSmiley Happy.  Long story short 9.99 + prime 13.24%..  See in a few months if they can beat thatSmiley Happy

Delta APR reduction.JPG

Side note.. I might or might not of applied for another Airline CC last night..  It most likely will be in approval section when I get around to posting it later today Smiley Tongue

Nice, exact same rate on my Hilton

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Side note.. I might or might not of applied for another Airline CC last night..  It most likely will be in approval section when I get around to posting it later today Smiley Tongue

Spill the beans.  Which one?

LOL same one as you got recently..  Not near the beastly CL as you got, was quite honestly expecting more!  Maybe cause it was the 49$ version one vs the higher tier one?  Although it is signature and middle tier 19.99 apr, so could of been worse.  Only $5500 CL.. Not quite sure why it was so low, but so far it appears it might of been a SP, not 100% sure yet.. They hit my Experian yesterday with the following info, but was a SP..TBD whether it will show up as a HP..  I did this as I plan on dropping/cancelling my 9250$ Jcrew card and have all Visa/MC/Amex other than CareCredit.. Least that was my logic and a 10k buffer for miles with Virgin.

Alert Date: 10/23/2015
Company: Alliance Data
Activity: New Application

Congrats!  $5500 is plenty.  Maybe it was because of the version. Hopefully it stays as an SP

Message 13 of 18
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the wonderful news there OP!  Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

So had to try as I got an APR reduction about 3 or 4 months ago on my Delta..  Although I really don't use it much, still nice to have a good APR..  So my results are as follows.  Gotta love Amex with their APR reductionsSmiley Happy.  Long story short 9.99 + prime 13.24%..  See in a few months if they can beat thatSmiley Happy

Delta APR reduction.JPG

Congrats on the APR reduction!!!

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

Congrats!

My Delta is still on the 6.9 promo rate until mid November, then back to 19.24. Will definitely start checking then because of all my AMEX cards, this one is forever.

HHonors took two steps down a few months ago, 19.24 to 17.24 now at 15.24. I'm leaving that one there on the off chance there's another Holiday Promo, because from what I see other's results, to get the promo rates one has to have a standardized rate, like 19.24 or 17.24 or 15.24.

The SPG was reduced from 19.24 to 16.24, then just got another reduction last week to 14.99.

EDP is on a 0.00 new card promo, then an ugly 19.99 (presuming I keep it, which it's looking like I won't)

Congrats on your APR reductions!

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Spill the beans.  Which one?

LOL same one as you got recently..  Not near the beastly CL as you got, was quite honestly expecting more!  Maybe cause it was the 49$ version one vs the higher tier one?  Although it is signature and middle tier 19.99 apr, so could of been worse.  Only $5500 CL.. Not quite sure why it was so low, but so far it appears it might of been a SP, not 100% sure yet.. They hit my Experian yesterday with the following info, but was a SP..TBD whether it will show up as a HP..  I did this as I plan on dropping/cancelling my 9250$ Jcrew card and have all Visa/MC/Amex other than CareCredit.. Least that was my logic and a 10k buffer for miles with Virgin.

Alert Date: 10/23/2015
Company: Alliance Data
Activity: New Application

Congrats on your approval! Nice SL!

Message 17 of 18
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.