Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex APR reductions, yay

tag
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

Amex APR reductions, yay

I got a new SPG Amex, 10k at 19.49%, 25k Starpoints promo, late last year. (Also got PRG with 25k MR points promo.) I figured I'd request a CLI just in case, but alas, I'd requested a CLI on my BSP less than 3 months ago and that denial set a 90 day clock ticking. 

However, the customer service agent was able to bring me down to 16.49% (3% reduction) -- not too bad for only having had the card for half a day. Between this and the 4% reduction last month on BSP, I'm feeling pretty happy with Amex these days. And the customer service folks I've chatted with have been very helpful.

The SPG and PRG were approved with EX 706 (according to the pricing letter). In the last week or two, that's gone up to 720, with some payoffs posting, the old car loan clearing (having two car loans on there kinda messes with utilization for a while), and of course the alignment of the stars. 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex APR reductions, yay

Congrats...Mary back in 1 week...

in 31 days I got my BCE apr lowered 12%. No lie...midway it's sitting at 8.49%....

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job!! Enjoy it...

Message 3 of 4
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

Congrats...Mary back in 1 week...

in 31 days I got my BCE apr lowered 12%. No lie...midway it's sitting at 8.49%....

Yow. How long had you had the BCe at the time? My BSP is coming up on two years, but SPG hasn't been in my hands for 24 hours yet Smiley Happy

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.