Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex APR temporary reductions only?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex APR temporary reductions only?

Hello everyone, I have read many posters are successful with Amex APR reduction and decided to try reducing 20.99% APR on my Blue Cash Everyday and although I was able to reduce to 18.24%, this APR is only until next year 10/2016 and my APR returns to 20.99%... 

From my understanding Amex gives posters permanent APR reductions? I asked if there were any permanent reductions available with no success. Had BCE since January and finished my 0% promo. My credit score on the Amex site is 731 and have a current balance of $120/$5,500 with perfect payment history no lates no baddies on my credit reports. 

Transcript from chat:

"On your BCE card, I am able to lower the APR for you:

You will have a promotional APR of 18.24% for new purchases. This rate may vary with the market and is based on the prime rate plus 14.99%.

This rate will apply to new purchases made beginning 10/25/2015. This rate will apply through your billing period ending in 10/2016.

After that, the rate will return to your Go-To APR for purchases which is currently 20.99%. This rate may vary with the market and is based on the prime+17.74%. This rate will apply to any outstanding balance as well as new purchases."

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex APR temporary reductions only?

I havent seen many temp reductions for Amex. But the BCE BCP ED EDP seem to be a little pickier for their APRs. Whereas delta, spg, hilton, etc are not.

Message 2 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Strange never really seen a temporary APR reduction from Amex..  Mine have all been permanent when I inquired upon them

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of the ones I've seen have been Delta. I posted yesterday about my reduction and it's a permanent one. Maybe the co-branded cards a little more leniant?
Message 4 of 6
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

All 6 of my Delta reductions and all 4 of my SPG reductions have been permanent...well, at least until they were reduced more.

Heard of temporary reductions but never have personally experienced them. 

Message 5 of 6
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I havent seen many temp reductions for Amex. But the BCE BCP ED EDP seem to be a little pickier for their APRs. Whereas delta, spg, hilton, etc are not.

I get permanent APR reductions on my BCP card.

So far I've received 3 permanent APR reductions:

1. 17.24% (lowest available APR then) -> 14.24%
  2. 14.24% -> 11.24%
  3. 11.24% -> 9.24%
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.