Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex AU Dispute Fail!

tag
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Amex AU Dispute Fail!

i just got notice from Experian that my dispute to remove an Amex AU tradeline from my credit file based on the fact that I am not an AU resulted in an "update." **bleep**! I already confirmed with Amex that I am not an AU nor did I authorize my friend to do it (I changed my mind but he did it anyway). Where to from here guys? Thanks!

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex AU Dispute Fail!

i remember you posting about this not too long ago...did your friend ever contacted amex to remove you as au? if not then i'm not sure how you would be able to remove that from your credit report...if you dispute it with the credit bureaus they will definitely verify with amex and if you're still listed as an AU then it won't be removed...did you contact amex and try to remove yourself as an AU? i'm not too familiar with amex, but definitely the main account holder would be able to remove you...gl

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 2 of 8
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

i did contact Amex and therep told me I am not an AU. It can't be that easy to add someone and the AU have no recourse to remove themselves can it? Especially since I actually said "do not add me" I truly did not authorize it. Annoying friend and annoying lender!

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 3 of 8
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

if amex verifited that you're not an AU, maybe get a letter from them and fax it to the 3 bureaus...have you asked your friend if he removed you?

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 4 of 8
Leadberry
Established Contributor

I recently filed a dispute with TU that ended up being "updated" despite my offering of multiple supporting documents.  I filed a pointed complaint with the CFPB and ended up receiving a very apologetic letter from TU--the TL was removed instantly.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 5 of 8
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

@djc1puno wrote:

if amex verifited that you're not an AU, maybe get a letter from them and fax it to the 3 bureaus...have you asked your friend if he removed you?

Yes. He said he had already removed me and the rep seems to have confirmed it. I will call Amex again in the morning. Leadberry, I hope I don't have to escalate this to the same level. I just truly don't want anyone else's tradelines (good standing or not) on my credit file. I won't have to worry about other people's mistakes as much.

Message 6 of 8
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@Jasir wrote:

@djc1puno wrote:

Yes. He said he had already removed me and the rep seems to have confirmed it. I will call Amex again in the morning. Leadberry, I hope I don't have to escalate this to the same level. I just truly don't want anyone else's tradelines (good standing or not) on my credit file. I won't have to worry about other people's mistakes as much.

gl! second time around might do it Smiley Wink

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 8
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Thanks. We will see. I hope it isn't this difficult when I remove an AU from my cards.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.