Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex AU System - I LOVE YOU

tag
recordaras
Valued Member

Amex AU System - I LOVE YOU

My fiance and I have had a shared Chase Amazon card for years, and recently I added him as an AU to my CSP. As much as I love Chase, I always thought their AU system could be a little easier - there is only one, primary login/account and no way to separate the charges by user.

I kind of thought that it was the same with all other cc companies, but I just got off the chat with an Amex CSR, and I couldn't resist sharing my excitement! His second card is treated like a separate card altogether. He will have his own separate login, and unless I make him an account manager he will only see (and pay) his own charges made to the card - no more trying to figure out who made which charge and wasting time calculating who owes what. BRILLIANT!!!

BoA Secured $500 (closed) | OneStopPlus $900 | Chase Amazon $4600 (AU) | Amex BCE $6000 |
Chase Freedom $3000 | BoA TravelRewards Signature Visa $5000 | CSP $17 000 | BCP $27 000
Building credit since 04/2011 | CreditKarma 763 | CreditSesame 795 | Gardening since 01/31/2014
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex AU System - I LOVE YOU

That in fact is a great benefit of AMEX AU. I was added on my wife's card a year back and this year i received 3 personal AMEX cards on my own. They will treat the AU card as separate card account and will set a start date of membership with AMEX different from your actual account start date. When he will apply for his own AMEX card the new accounts will be backdated to the AU card account open date. Enjoy and tream AMEX well. 

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 2 of 6
recordaras
Valued Member

In all honesty I really love the CSP and would have loved to focus our spending on that card, but due to this very ease of use I think our primary card will be the Amex, with the CSP reserved for big ticket purchases.

It's just so much more convenient when the card charges are fully separated!

Just one question - as the account owner, do you see the AU's charges as you would your own? Or are they somehow marked as belonging to the other user?

BoA Secured $500 (closed) | OneStopPlus $900 | Chase Amazon $4600 (AU) | Amex BCE $6000 |
Chase Freedom $3000 | BoA TravelRewards Signature Visa $5000 | CSP $17 000 | BCP $27 000
Building credit since 04/2011 | CreditKarma 763 | CreditSesame 795 | Gardening since 01/31/2014
Message 3 of 6
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

No, when they show up in your account (as a primary card holder), it mentions the name on the card along with the last 5 digits of the card, which will be diiferent from primary card holder's number. So you will be able to figure out which transaction belongs to whom. 

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 4 of 6
krial
Regular Contributor

Monday, February 17 WAL-MART SUPERCENTERWEST BRANCH MIACCOUNT OWNER NAME HERE296 dollars and.28 Cents 
Wednesday, February 5 THE HOME DEPOT #2782WEST BRANCH MIAUTHORIZED USER NAME HERE193 dollars and.68 Cents 

Looks about like that if you are account owner/manager -- really easy to tell what belongs to each person.

Goal: 800, Current Scores: EX 735, EQ 746, TU 745
Message 5 of 6
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@recordaras wrote:

My fiance and I have had a shared Chase Amazon card for years, and recently I added him as an AU to my CSP. As much as I love Chase, I always thought their AU system could be a little easier - there is only one, primary login/account and no way to separate the charges by user.

I kind of thought that it was the same with all other cc companies, but I just got off the chat with an Amex CSR, and I couldn't resist sharing my excitement! His second card is treated like a separate card altogether. He will have his own separate login, and unless I make him an account manager he will only see (and pay) his own charges made to the card - no more trying to figure out who made which charge and wasting time calculating who owes what. BRILLIANT!!!

AwesomeSmiley Happy i didn't know that

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.