Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex AU back dating?

tag
Raiders1
Valued Member

Amex AU back dating?

I'm helping my mom rebuild her credit and I was thinking of adding her as an AU on my Amex BCE that has a $15K CL so that after a while she can get her own Amex and other cards. She had a Cosco Amex about 10 years ago that no longer shows on her CR. If I add her to my Amex would her card be backdated to her original member date or does she have to be the primary on the card in order to backdate?

Thanks.

Starting Scores:
EQ FICO 648 - TU08 598 - EX FAKO 544 (1/2012)
Current Scores: EQ 703 - TU 767 - EX 750
In My Wallet: AMEX BCE ($22.5K), Discover It ($10K), USAA World MC ($9K), Chase Freedom ($8K), Fidelity Rewards ($5K), Citi Double Cash ($4.5K) Walmart ($4.5K),
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Re: Amex AU back dating?

It will backsdate to the original day that YOUR card was opened. Not hers
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 2 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

Amex no longer backdate AU cards to your account opening date.

however they will probably be able to backdate to HER account opening year

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 6
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Raiders1 wrote:

I'm helping my mom rebuild her credit and I was thinking of adding her as an AU on my Amex BCE that has a $15K CL so that after a while she can get her own Amex and other cards. She had a Cosco Amex about 10 years ago that no longer shows on her CR. If I add her to my Amex would her card be backdated to her original member date or does she have to be the primary on the card in order to backdate?

Thanks.

If she gets a card in her name and not as an AU she will get her original member date

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 6
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

yes she will it's great for AAOA

Message 5 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Raiders1 wrote:

Thanks.

If you add your DM they will backdate the MSD to her TE account (assuming they can locate her info) it will not backdate on her CR's.  

In order for her CR's to be backdated, it would need to be an account in which she is the primary cardmember

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.