Regular Contributor
Stiga9

Amex AU backdating question

Sorry, yet ANOTHER Amex backdating question. I couldn't find the answer to this:

I have one Amex card: Member since 2011. My sister's current Amex says Member Since 2004. If she adds me as an AU, can I get my member since date back to 2004? I would love to be like Marty McFly and go back in time.

New Contributor
VegasKyle

Re: Amex AU backdating question

I don't know the answer to this but I think the chicken has to come before the egg. I think you have to be an AU first then get your own account to go back. I don't think you can open a new account (first relationship with AMEX) then get added as an AU and have your account go back to 2004.

Starting Score: EQ 599, TU 577
Current Score: EQ 5/1/13 741, TU 5/1/13 751, EX Fako 5/1/13 769
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
Stiga9

[ Edited ]

VegasKyle wrote:
I don't know the answer to this but I think the chicken has to come before the egg. I think you have to be an AU first then get your own account to go back. I don't think you can open a new account (first relationship with AMEX) then get added as an AU and have your account go back to 2004.

That's definately my guess. However, i'm hoping someone in this MyFICO world gave it a shot and see if it worked! :smileyhappy:

Thanks for your input.

09Lexie

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+