Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Amex AU perk abuse?

[ Edited ]

I have a targetted offer where for each AU that I add I can earn $25 for $250 spend. I can add up to 4 AUs for up to $100. Could I make up names to put in for the AU cards then spend those AU cards myself pretending a made up person spent on them? If it comes down to it, I can just add the names of my cousings, aunts, and uncles in another country then spend for them on AU cards meant for them. After I meet the bonus, should I close AU account  , reduce AU limit, etc to not look suspicious. 

I definitely don't want to get blacklisted from Amex but I do want the $100, so what is the best way to abuse this perk without getting caught?

Oh yea no SSN required for first 60 days.

Capture1.PNG

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-719,Eq08-722,Tu08-717
Goal Score: Ex08-760,Eq08-760,Tu08-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Re: Amex AU perk abuse?

[ Edited ]

Subexistence wrote:

I have a targetted offer where for each AU that I add I can earn $25 for $250 spend. I can add up to 4 AUs for up to $100. Could I make up names to put in for the AU cards then spend those AU cards myself pretending a made up person spent on them? If it comes down to it, I can just add the names of my cousings, aunts, and uncles in another country then spend for them on AU cards meant for them. After I meet the bonus, should I close AU account  , reduce AU limit, etc to not look suspicious. 

I definitely don't want to get blacklisted from Amex but I do want the $100, so what is the best way to abuse this perk without getting caught?

No, making up names is not allowed and is unethical.  It could result in the shut down of your Amex accounts.  Discussing unethical activities is a violation of MyFICO's Forums Terms of Service.  Additionally you should never add someone as an authorized user to any credit account without their explicit consent.

New Contributor

Regardless of the ethics in this plan, They will require a SSN before they'll active the AU card you order. I just activated mine in DH's account yesterday and couldn't move forward without a SSN.
PenFed Power Cash $5K, SMG $3.5K, Total Rewards $1.5K, Discover It $800, Cap One QS1 $400, Overstock $8K
DC BK13 3/17
New Contributor

SSN is required?! There goes my plan to use my pets.
Senior Contributor

Sub, please take this advice with good intentions. Stop trying to cut corners for some free cash. You're walking a slippery path. It will not end well for you either now or in the future. Until banks stop giving out bonuses i realize there will always be churners but losing relationships youve built up or worse is not worth $25 or even $100. This is just my humble opinion.
Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honestly, I had to re-read the question because, quite frankly, I was stunned that someone would ask this type of question.

I was told eons ago -- if one has to ask a question that involves unethical behavior, that the person already knows the answer. 

Like everyone has said, don't even think about doing something like this. It really isn't worth it and it could be considered fraud -- not just gaming the system.

|| NFCU Signature $16.5K || NFCU Platinum $7.5K || Macy's $7.5K || Discover IT $6K || Chase FU $5K || CitiCostco $4K || CitiDC $3.3K || NFCU CLOC $1K ||
New Contributor

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

If someone with a US-issued Amex card wanted to add a real person as an AU, but that person was a foreigner who lacked a SNN, would Amex possibly accept some sort of ID number from a foreign country if Amex issues cards in that foreign country (and, conceivably, would be able to pull that person's foreign credit)?

Purely hypothetical. There's no particular country I have an interest in about this.

Warranties and sketchy merchants: Schwab Platinum.....Price rewind: Costco.....Travel insurance: Prestige, CSP.....Renewal nights: IHG, Hyatt.....Rewards/Offers: Discover, Freedom, ED, BCE, Arrival.....Taxes/Misc: SPG

760ish FICOs...Rebucketing hurts!
Total CL: Enough
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

OP- as other's have said it is unethical, but it is also fraudulent, and it could lead to more than just shutting down your cards.  

Starting Score:EQ 586 TU 527 EX 532
Current Score: EQ 655 TU 668 EX 669
Goal Score: 760- Last app 8/9/17

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member

[ Edited ]

oldman87 wrote:
SSN is required?! There goes my plan to use my pets.

Look at the positive side..at least they can still vote  Smiley Tongue

To the OP,   I get that you're attempting to maximize your rewards with minimal expenditure, but going about it in this manner is not the path I'd choose.

Even at minimum wage pay, you're risking little more than one day of effort for a permanent blacklisting from a major card issuer.  

Why?

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.