Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex AU question

tag
Bsong
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex AU question

Just an FYI for anyone who ever searches this info...

A little info regarding the AMEX AU account:

1. You get your own account number (and a nice looking card).

2. You create your own log in and pass online which displays your info and not the primary card holder.

3. Considered a seperate account from the main card holder. 

4. Not backdated. It says 2013 on my card that I have. I will try to backdate it to 2011 (which is when my wife opened her account) once I open my own. But that possiblity is TBD. 

I chatted with and called Amex today in regards to my AU account and had a few questions:

1. Does it help me with my own application in the future? YES, it does.

2. How long before applying for my own card? Usually 6 months to a year. 

3. How long before it reports on my own credit report? 1 or 2 billing cycles 

If I remember anything else I'll add it...... 

Message 11 of 18
zerobacan
Established Contributor

@Bsong wrote:

2. You create your own log in and pass online which displays your info and not the primary card holder.

4. Not backdated. It says 2013 on my card that I have. I will try to backdate it to 2011 (which is when my wife opened her account) once I open my own. But that possiblity is TBD. 

I chatted with and called Amex today in regards to my AU account and had a few questions:

Thanks for the info!!!

Yes indeed, it nice to have your own (AU) card with your own (AU) login Smiley Happy

I almost feel like its mine, but I still need autho to charge anything... gotta love wify Smiley Happy

Amex will backdate any new acc you open with them to the date your were first added as an AU.

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 12 of 18
Bsong
Regular Contributor

@zerobacan wrote:

@Bsong wrote:

Thanks for the info!!!

Yes indeed, it nice to have your own (AU) card with your own (AU) login Smiley Happy

I almost feel like its mine, but I still need autho to charge anything... gotta love wify Smiley Happy

Amex will backdate any new acc you open with them to the date your were first added as an AU.

HAHA. It does feel like its mine. But at the same time, seeing this card is my current motivation to stay in the garden! I want my OWN AMEX BLUE and not just an AU card. And I didnt know about the need to authorize a charge before it goes through? So you mean If i try to buy something, the charge wont go through unless my wife approves it? How does she do that? 

Message 13 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Bsong wrote:

@zerobacan wrote:

@Bsong wrote:

Thanks for the info!!!

HAHA. It does feel like its mine. But at the same time, seeing this card is my current motivation to stay in the garden! I want my OWN AMEX BLUE and not just an AU card. And I didnt know about the need to authorize a charge before it goes through? So you mean If i try to buy something, the charge wont go through unless my wife approves it? How does she do that? 

I think he means that he can't go maxing it out if he wants to still have wify... although she could have some very small credit line and move it as she wants him to be able to charge... but usually it's a credit line as much as current card line unless the account holder sets something differently.

Message 14 of 18
zerobacan
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Bsong wrote:

@zerobacan wrote:

@Bsong wrote:

Thanks for the info!!!

I think he means that he can't go maxing it out if he wants to still have wify... although she could have some very small credit line and move it as she wants him to be able to charge... but usually it's a credit line as much as current card line unless the account holder sets something differently.

You are right!

no, I ment I cant go out spending like its my own, our DW will cut my balls!! hehehe

yeah acc holder can set permissions to your AU.

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 15 of 18
Bsong
Regular Contributor

@zerobacan wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Bsong wrote:

@zerobacan wrote:

@Bsong wrote:

Thanks for the info!!!

You are right!

no, I ment I cant go out spending like its my own, our DW will cut my balls!! hehehe

yeah acc holder can set permissions to your AU.

LOL. GOT IT!... Then yes, I am in the same boat. 

Message 16 of 18
Bsong
Regular Contributor

Message 17 of 18
drkaje
Senior Contributor

ACMs can't request CLIs.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.