Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex AU question

tag
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

Amex AU question

I have an Amex account and my SO just got approved for a gold. She added me as an AU. When the card arrives will my card benefit from the backdating? Or will it show as a new account?

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex AU question

YMMV some get it to backdate to original card some dont check what they report you can always have a personal request made to Amex if they have an account for a long time

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 2 of 5
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

I am asking if as an AU the "member since" date will be for my card or hers when I've had my card since 2011 and hers is brand new.

Message 3 of 5
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Jake0215 wrote:
I am asking if as an AU the "member since" date will be for my card or hers when I've had my card since 2011 and hers is brand new.

If  you have a primary account, and when you were added as an additional card member on her account they wanted your SS number (AMEX requests more info than others do for AUs), you're new AU card  and account under her should list YOUR original member since date and report as such. You can check for that later on CK, it lists accounts and those details.

You're also not just an "AU" with AMEX, you're an "additional card member" under that account and can be liable for charges on same.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 4 of 5
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

@Jake0215 wrote:

If  you have a primary account, and when you were added as an additional card member on her account they wanted your SS number (AMEX requests more info than others do for AUs), you're new AU card  and account under her should list YOUR original member since date and report as such. You can check for that later on CK, it lists accounts and those details.

You're also not just an "AU" with AMEX, you're an "additional card member" under that account and can be liable for charges on same.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.