Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex AU questions

tag
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Amex AU questions

Just added my first AU on one of my Amex cards.  Have yet to get the card.  

A couple of things I am curious about.  

I know I am 100% responsible for all the purchases and payments, but let's say I wanted to leave it up to them to pay.  Is it possible?

Does the AU get their own login? 

I think I heard that Amex keeps each users purchases separate, is that true?

So, in theory, could the AU have their own login, their own bank account linked for payment, and every month pay for their half of the purchases?

Again, I know I am resposible for it all.

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex AU questions

My wife has an ED so she has her own login. She is also an AU on my Platinum, PRG and Blue. She can see her own purchases (I see them broken down by user) and can make payments on those cards but cannot, for instance, see my MR balance or use my MRs - even those she earned. Hope that helps.
Message 2 of 7
JamP
Valued Contributor

I added my DW to my BCE and she does indeed get her own page with the ability to add rewards on that card. I also see a pay now button.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 3 of 7
noobody
Established Contributor

Just push payment from checking account.
You can pay anyone anytime any amount you want.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 4 of 7
Berk
Established Contributor

@toothgrind3r wrote:

Just added my first AU on one of my Amex cards.  Have yet to get the card.  

A couple of things I am curious about.  

I know I am 100% responsible for all the purchases and payments, but let's say I wanted to leave it up to them to pay.  Is it possible?

Does the AU get their own login? 

I think I heard that Amex keeps each users purchases separate, is that true?

So, in theory, could the AU have their own login, their own bank account linked for payment, and every month pay for their half of the purchases?

Again, I know I am resposible for it all.

In a word - "Yes."

Message 5 of 7
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Thank you all for the replies, helps a lot.

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 6 of 7
newhis
Valued Contributor

You can even set a purchase limit for the AU. This is great for children 15 and up. 

You can give them a card with $200 limit even if yours is $20,000, then tech them how to use and pay.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.