Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Account Reviews already???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Account Reviews already???

And as far as the original topic goes, yeah, Amex keeps softing me too. I remember seeing Amex Account Review and Amex Account Review 2. 2? Go figure. But there was a 2 there.

Message 21 of 24
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@android01 wrote:

Amex reviews my file roughly once a year,  and I've been a member since 1986.  On a more sinister note.  It seems as though Experian somehow notifiies your current creditors that you are applying for new credit.  There are entries by CREDIT COMMUNICATION SVCS that always appear on my EX report that trigger two thirds of my CURRENT creditors to soft my EX report whenever I apply for a new TL.  This NEVER happens with EQ or TU.  Smiley Mad  

It's interesting that you said this... I have noticed a seeming "coincidence" that immediately after a new acct reports, there is a soft by Amex on my EX. Amex hadn't softed my EQ and I don't see my TU softs, but they could be there as well. Very "big brother"! Smiley Indifferent

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 22 of 24
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I've been seeing 2 to 3 Amex softs a month on my EX. Sometimes they disappear... I save a PDF every time I pull my CR. So, I can go back and look at last week's pull, for example. I've seen some Amex softs "disapper," and there is a new one with a more recent date on it. So, I think they are softing us more than even we realize!

It does concern me, but at least seeing that it's happening with others calms my concerns a bit.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 23 of 24
linux007969
Established Contributor

I just noticed tonight when i went to grab a copy of my experian report that AMEX SP for a Account review on 3/3/13 so they would have seen all my...... shall we say "activity" from this weekend.... I hope they don't care about it. Smiley Indifferent

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.