Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Additional Card Question

tag
bsl
Established Member

Amex Additional Card Question

Hello! A few years back I was issued a additional card of an American Express Platinum Business account. 

The business later closed and it is my true belief that the account was defaulted.

Fast forward to today, before my wife asks for an additional card under my name, can this be something that can be looked at against me?

Note. The account was a business, my wife's account is personal. And nothing was ever reported to my credit report(s).

Thank you

Starting Score: EX (MyFico): 567, EQ (MyFico): 575, TU (MyFico): 597 04/04/14
Current Score: EX 05/04/14 (MyFico): 610
Goal Score: 750+ Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Additional Card Question

@bsl wrote:

Hello! A few years back I was issued a additional card of an American Express Platinum Business account. 

The business later closed and it is my true belief that the account was defaulted.

Fast forward to today, before my wife asks for an additional card under my name, can this be something that can be looked at against me?

Note. The account was a business, my wife's account is personal. And nothing was ever reported to my credit report(s).

Thank you

Not sure I understand your question in red please explain?

Were you the business owner?

You have a card now so she coiuld be added unless you're saying the business was her's?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
bsl
Established Member

I was a ranking employee with the company, and was issued the card for corporate expenses (food, travel, etc..) The card was just an "additional card" on the account, I was not the original account holder. 

Fast forward to today, nothing to do with that business.. My wife has a current Amex Platinum account, we are contemplating adding me as an additiona card, but we want to make sure this will not effect nor me or her. 

Thanks

Message 3 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@bsl wrote:

I was a ranking employee with the company, and was issued the card for corporate expenses (food, travel, etc..) The card was just an "additional card" on the account, I was not the original account holder. 

Fast forward to today, nothing to do with that business.. My wife has a current Amex Platinum account, we are contemplating adding me as an additiona card, but we want to make sure this will not effect nor me or her. 

Thanks

The business was responsible for the company card thus why it's not on your CR's 

Yes she can add you 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 8
bsl
Established Member

Thanks for clearing that up for me! 

Message 5 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@bsl wrote:

Not a problem glad to help and forgive my manners Lol

Welcome to the forumSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 8
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@bsl wrote:

Not a problem glad to help and forgive my manners Lol

Welcome to the forumSmiley Wink

Smiley Wink

Welcome to the forum!!! Smiley Wink

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 7 of 8
mrlh1980
Contributor

@bsl wrote:

Thanks

Keep in mind when she adds you to her card they will ask for Social Security and your birthday. You will see this on your credit report for all 3 bureau's.

"Fools trade their SOULS for gold in an attempt to take control of things they can't control."
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.