Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Address Request Thing?

tag
gibeon
Established Contributor

Amex Address Request Thing?

So, I was perusing all my accounts this evening - as one does when they have too many cards to keep track of from memory alone - and I noticed this bizarre "we need your address" message in the Account Services section.

Says they would suspend my charging privlidges if I didn't fill out a real address.

I would have assumed they would use the one they sent my card to and that I used when applying, but nope. The address only had my street number and name, not my town, state, and zip.

Anywho, you may want to check on yours too, if you recently got a new Amex.

amexwhat.jpg

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Address Request Thing?

Didn't they have to have that to ship you the card? 

Message 2 of 10
gibeon
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Didn't they have to have that to ship you the card? 

You would have thought that they would have saved it somewhere, but yes. I have the same address that I used to apply, and to where they sent the first card, and then the contactless card that I asked for a couple weeks later.

It basically looks like they lost my address or didn't believe that it was really real, or like they had a system hiccup. 

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 3 of 10
alkaline
Regular Contributor

I see this message as well on that page... I have a PO box so that must be why. I did have to supply my home address when I applied, but it doesn't show up in my account settings. Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 10
Financiers
Valued Member

Wow Gibeon, thank you so much.  I just looked and mine said the same thing.  What I don't understand is how they have been sending me my bill every month and my card initially.  This is funny, but in reality also very sad.  Thanks again!

Message 5 of 10
iWuzCool
Established Member

I received the same message but in my case, the message was legit. I applied using a virtual mailbox which is like po box but it's a normal address owned by a company that scans envelopes and allows you to forward, scan or trash each piece of mail. I use it because I'm always overseas and it keeps me organized. I then put a normal physical address for the secondary address and the message went away.

The thing is, it was just by chance that I clicked into that section. Amex makes me nervous. I find that they overly pry into their customer's business and that I'm always moments away from a review or AA.
Message 6 of 10
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

I'll chime in since everyone so far has received the message.  I do not see that message Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

Thanks for the post. Just checked my account and have the same message. I also forward all mail to a PO box. Kind of odd no alert for this given they will suspend accounts if a physical address is not provided. Glad I read this forum.

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up. Just checked my account and have the same message. I have all mail sent to my PO BOX. Kind of odd no alert for this given they will suspend accounts if a physical address is not provided. Really glad I came accross this thread.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i saw the very same thing on my profile too (before i even saw it here in the forum). changed my po box to a physical then tried a couple of times to enter my po box as an alternate address but amex won't accept it. i then chatted with an amex rep and told her i need my po box entered at their end as my mailing address. she said no problem. it took her a while but she was able to do it. now my amex address is back to a po box. *i only get USPS mails thru my po box. let's see if it lasts since they're the one who entered it and not me this time. Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.