cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Airline Credit. How to use the rest of it.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Airline Credit. How to use the rest of it.

@Anonymouswrote:
A little late to the party here, but I also just got the PRG last week and have been trying to figure out how to spend the airline credit as well.

I set my airline to American, and figured I’d just buy the gift certificates from the link in this thread but just wanted to check if;

1: It matters whether you buy the plastic or the digital cards (I wouldn’t think it would, but you never know)?  Doesnt matter

2: If you can buy a $100 dollar card, or if you should buy two $50 cards? $100 card works fine.  Done it many times

I’ve seen a few conflicting testimonies, so any additional input and personal experiences would be most appreciated.

Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent. Appreciate the response!
Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

For further info/confirmation I was just credited with $100 about 2 or 3 days on my AMEX PRG after the digital purchase from the AA site.

Also, does anyone know if that $100 purchase from AA that the credit was applied to count towards the SUB minimum spending limit?

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
For further info/confirmation I was just credited with $100 about 2 or 3 days on my AMEX PRG after the digital purchase from the AA site.

Also, does anyone know if that $100 purchase from AA that the credit was applied to count towards the SUB minimum spending limit?

Yes it does

Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the $100 amount work for Delta and/or SW? It would be great to buy $100 GCs instead of $50, so you could use more towards purchases. Delta has a 3 GC limit per purchase which limits you to $150 towards a ticket. 

Asking for a friend... 

Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Does the $100 amount work for Delta and/or SW? It would be great to buy $100 GCs instead of $50, so you could use more towards purchases. Delta has a 3 GC limit per purchase which limits you to $150 towards a ticket. 

Asking for a friend... 

Not to punt but I highly recommend venturing over to the Flyertalk forums dealing with American Express.  They have individual threads dedicated to each airline that sells gift cards.  I know for example that there are some nuances with Delta depending on who processes the card sale because some are outsourced and therefore not reimbursed while those sold and coded as coming from Delta are reimbursed.

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Asking for a friend... 

Not to punt but I highly recommend venturing over to the Flyertalk forums dealing with American Express.  They have individual threads dedicated to each airline that sells gift cards.  I know for example that there are some nuances with Delta depending on who processes the card sale because some are outsourced and therefore not reimbursed.

Thanks Irish, I'll let my friend know ;-) 

Message 27 of 34
topgunvf
Regular Contributor

The Jersey curse is B-R-O-K-E-N!! I read a couple data points on flyer talk and can now officially become one as well. Just bought $100 GC from AA 2/25 and posted 2/27 credited back today (2/28) using my PRG. Glad to know it can finally be done with ease!!!!
Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

JB seat upgrades to eco+ is always $90 I believe. Or for 4 legs of $25 checked bag each time that will eat up the $100 considering all are RT.

Message 29 of 34
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

I requested my AA GC on 12/31 because I wanted to process it before the year ended. However; I forgot to select AA as my airline and the $100 wasn't credited back to my account. I guess I forgot about the step initially. Its ok. So I have currently selected Delta as my airline and will try to purchase GC's through them and hopefully I have better success this time around. 

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.