Did you mean: 

Amex Amazon Prime renwal offer

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Amazon Prime renwal offer

@ohreally7654 wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

There's an offer on my EDP for 5000 MR points for paying the $99 renwal for Amazon Prime. The offer is good until 1/31/2018.  However, my membership isn't set to renew until March.

Is there a way to move my renewal to January?  Like, can I cancel and reinstate it then?  Has anyone done this?

I just canceled my existing membership, and then used my PRG to purchase the year membership. I received a notice I'd be refunded for the portion of my previous membership that I hadn't used! 

What was the basis for the refund?  Was it prorated based on the time remaining until scheduled renewal?  Had you used your Prime benefits for anything this period?

Message 11 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I meant to post about this a few days ago and forgot. Fortunately mine renews in January so I just changed the billing card. My offer says good until 01/31/2018.

Mine is the same.  That's 11 days before my membership renews.  Argh. I know the intent is to get new Prime members but this irks me.  Going to let Mr and Mrs. Amex know that they're off my Christmas list.

Message 12 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just noticed that they show my last payment for renewal as Jan 11, 2017 so maybe this will work out after all if I can pay a month ahead of the expiration.

Message 13 of 45
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Just noticed that they show my last payment for renewal as Jan 11, 2017 so maybe this will work out after all if I can pay a month ahead of the expiration.

You should be good here is when mine expires although I thought it was good through march, but guess i am wrong.  So January 31st and yours expires he 11th so should be set right for yourself?

Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 5.04.29 PM.png

Message 14 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You should be good here is when mine expires although I thought it was good through march, but guess i am wrong.  So January 31st and yours expires he 11th so should be set right for yourself?

It expires on February 11 and the offer for me as well ends on 1/31.  It says I will be billed on 2/11 but also shows that I made my payment last year on 1/11/17 so that makes me think I will be ale to pay a month ahead of the set payment date of 2/11/18.  At least I hope so.  Can't beat an easy 5K MR points as I use Amazon Prime a lot

Message 15 of 45
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It expires on February 11 and the offer for me as well ends on 1/31.  It says I will be billed on 2/11 but also shows that I made my payment last year on 1/11/17 so that makes me think I will be ale to pay a month ahead of the set payment date of 2/11/18.  At least I hope so.  Can't beat an easy 5K MR points as I use Amazon Prime a lot

Ah... Yes Amazon Prime is my lifeblood and prime now 2 hours more so as I am kinda lazy and get the basic water and food delivered to my place Smiley Happy..  Be interesting to see what my YTD amazon purchases were this last year.. Venture to guess 7-10k

Message 16 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah... Yes Amazon Prime is my lifeblood and prime now 2 hours more so as I am kinda lazy and get the basic water and food delivered to my place Smiley Happy..  Be interesting to see what my YTD amazon purchases were this last year.. Venture to guess 7-10k

I'm in that same area of spend.

Message 17 of 45
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

A little off-topic, but allow me to blow your minds with the Order History Report!

$8,766.92 in 2016 and $5,870.74 YTD so far.

Message 18 of 45
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@ohreally7654 wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

There's an offer on my EDP for 5000 MR points for paying the $99 renwal for Amazon Prime. The offer is good until 1/31/2018.  However, my membership isn't set to renew until March.

Is there a way to move my renewal to January?  Like, can I cancel and reinstate it then?  Has anyone done this?

I just canceled my existing membership, and then used my PRG to purchase the year membership. I received a notice I'd be refunded for the portion of my previous membership that I hadn't used! 

What was the basis for the refund?  Was it prorated based on the time remaining until scheduled renewal?  Had you used your Prime benefits for anything this period?

Yes, that's exactly it, it was a prorated refund. The refund went back to my Amazon store card. As soon as I made the new purchase with my PRG, I received an acknowledgement from Amex that I used my offer!

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 19 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

A little off-topic, but allow me to blow your minds with the Order History Report!

$8,766.92 in 2016 and $5,870.74 YTD so far.

I'm at $7588.42 so far in 2017

Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.