Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Amazon Prime renwal offer

tag
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Amazon Prime renwal offer

If you dont want to cancel your membership or dont really need Prime, you can just gift amazon prime to yourself. Amazon allows you to use the gift for either a Prime membership or add it to your gift card balance.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 21 of 45
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Is it needed to cancel the Amazon prime and renew it to use the offer? I have it on my PRG and the Amazon renew date in February.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 22 of 45
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@601flyguy wrote:
If you dont want to cancel your membership or dont really need Prime, you can just gift amazon prime to yourself. Amazon allows you to use the gift for either a Prime membership or add it to your gift card balance.

gifting doesn't work with this promo has been verified by multiple sources on various forums.. Doesn't trigger it

Message 23 of 45
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@601flyguy wrote:

gifting doesn't work with this promo has been verified by multiple sources on various forums.. Doesn't trigger it

Sending it as a gift doesn't work? Or even going into someone else's Amazon account and using my card to pay for it wouldn't work?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 24 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@601flyguy wrote:

Sending it as a gift doesn't work? Or even going into someone else's Amazon account and using my card to pay for it wouldn't work?

The latter isn't 'gfiting' under Amazon so it should work fine

Message 25 of 45
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@601flyguy wrote:

The latter isn't 'gfiting' under Amazon so it should work fine

bingo

Message 26 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up on this offer. My prime membership renews on 12-1. Changed my payment method to my PRG and added the offer yo my card.

Message 27 of 45
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Just for grins, I went to see if I could just cancel my Prime and sign up again.

It doesn't even give me the option to end my membership now.  The only option it gives me is to end it effective on my renewal date in March.

ARGH!!!

Message 28 of 45
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Correct. Not feasible. I don't know how one guy previously could do it and even could get reimbrsement for the remained period...

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 29 of 45
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

OK  Just got off the phone with Amex. I asked them if they had a work around for this problem.  The rep couldnt help with this offer but told me there was another offer out there for 5000 MR for $99 spend on Amazon on any merchandise exp date of 4/2/2018. Cant find this offer in my list. Kept getting transfered to another department trying to find someone to add this offer to my list. Finally gave up when I ended up at the welcome robolady again. The offer is out there, just cant get it linked to my card.  Maybe someone else can try. I have a Green Card, not a EDP

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.