Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Amazon Prime renwal offer

tag
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Amazon Prime renwal offer

I called Amazon and a rep said there would be a reimbursement if you could do the cancellation request within the first 6 months of subscription....Seems not working Smiley Sad

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 41 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditdreamer wrote:

I was trying to figure out how to do this. Because when I went to cancel online it said that my prime membership would continue to have benefits until april (my renewal date). So i chatted with amex first. There wasn't anything they could do about that offer or finding the other offer that pp mentioned. Then I chatted with Amazon. The first rep said yes no problem I've updated your card and it will be charged now but it seemed fishy and I think he was just trying to get me off chat. Card was not charged. Then I chatted with Amazon again and the girl was very helpful. She said no problem I'll just cancel your current membership and benefits and the money will be refunded to your original payment method (the prorated amount for the next 6 months) and then charged to the Amex. Got confirmation email from Amex saying thanks for using your offer.+5000 points. Score!

I did this and while it took a few minutes, it worked better than I thought it would or should.  Chat rep cancelled the existing membership which was set to expire in February, 2018 and billed my Amex EDP the $99.  Received email from Amex letting me know that the offer was used so I will soon have an additional 5K MR points.  During the chat, I verified with the rep that I would be receiving a prorated refund of my existing membership.  Based on having used the membership for 7/12 months, my refund should have been approximately $41.25.  I just checked my Prime store card and I have been issued a refund for the entire year of $99.  Not sure how I can go about giving back the $58 as I’m afraid that if I tried somehow the Amex offer would get screwed up.  Maybe they’ll catch their mistake and correct it.

Message 42 of 45
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Holy smoke Irish! Yeah I think I would just step away from that one...
Message 43 of 45
Creditdreamer
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditdreamer wrote:

I was trying to figure out how to do this. Because when I went to cancel online it said that my prime membership would continue to have benefits until april (my renewal date). So i chatted with amex first. There wasn't anything they could do about that offer or finding the other offer that pp mentioned. Then I chatted with Amazon. The first rep said yes no problem I've updated your card and it will be charged now but it seemed fishy and I think he was just trying to get me off chat. Card was not charged. Then I chatted with Amazon again and the girl was very helpful. She said no problem I'll just cancel your current membership and benefits and the money will be refunded to your original payment method (the prorated amount for the next 6 months) and then charged to the Amex. Got confirmation email from Amex saying thanks for using your offer.+5000 points. Score!

I did this and while it took a few minutes, it worked better than I thought it would or should.  Chat rep cancelled the existing membership which was set to expire in February, 2018 and billed my Amex EDP the $99.  Received email from Amex letting me know that the offer was used so I will soon have an additional 5K MR points.  During the chat, I verified with the rep that I would be receiving a prorated refund of my existing membership.  Based on having used the membership for 7/12 months, my refund should have been approximately $41.25.  I just checked my Prime store card and I have been issued a refund for the entire year of $99.  Not sure how I can go about giving back the $58 as I’m afraid that if I tried somehow the Amex offer would get screwed up.  Maybe they’ll catch their mistake and correct it.

This exact thing happened to me! I have a credit for the entire membership on my Amazon credit card. I'm so confused.

Starting: EQ 498 TU 501 EX 485 (9/23/11)
As of 5/12: EQ 552 TU 591 EX 572
Credit Repair Journey Bump in the Road
As of 10/15: EQ 511 TU 588 EX 601
Discover TU Fico- 12/31/18: 694; CK EQ- 1/16/19: 634
Goal: All 3 above 700

Message 44 of 45
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

I have this AmEx offer sitting in my folder.  I just activated my Prime with my secondary account.  Now I'm on one month trial and the new AmEx Prime offer will kick in on 1/1/2018.

My question is that, will there be any problem this AmEx offer would be still valid by 1/1/2018?  If there is any danger, I can just call Amazon to skip my one month trail Prime membership.

Amazon.PNG

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.