Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex - Any Ideas?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex - Any Ideas?

Just chatted with an Amex rep regarding transfering points between cards.  Asked about cli and said Ishould call the Responsible Lending Action Team and gave me their number.  Any one ever called these guys?

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was in the exact same boat. My soft pull hadn't been updated since April 2 and I wanted to apply for the 3X CLI on my Delta Platinum that had a starting limit of $1,100 with one auto-CLI to $1400. I tried three times for an online CLI and was denied every time so I didn't want to take a chance.

My April 2 pull was a very low score of 640 or something (high util). I waited until the end of May and it hadn't changed online even though my score had increased to 750. I tried everything to trigger a new soft pull but nothing.

Finally, out of desperation, I applied for the Amex Gold PRG with the 50k promo. Instant denial. I called and reconed. They couldn't tell me anything but really my wish was for them to pull my report so that my score would update. I didn't really want the card. So... the very next day my score was updated. I received an email saying the PRG was approved. I went for the 3X CLI of 4200 and was instantly approved.

This will kill my AAoA (thin file already) but I am really pleased that I finally got out of the Amex CLI doghouse. The HP from the approval reduced by score by 3 points but that's ok. Not sure how badly the new account will affect my score. Time will tell. 

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great info. If I'm going to do a hp I'll just apply for another Barclays and cli with them on current card at same time. Amex is just being hard on me.
Message 13 of 17
Berk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just chatted with an Amex rep regarding transfering points between cards.  Asked about cli and said Ishould call the Responsible Lending Action Team and gave me their number.  Any one ever called these guys?

= Men in Black. A quick Google search revealed that the RLA dept is where you are sent when you are delivered negative info such as Amex reduing your credit limit or closing your card. In your case I would think it would by why they can't honor your CLI.

Again, that is all Google showed me. I have never heard of the "team" myself. 

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called and spoke to the guy and he transferred me the cli dept. which I've already talked too. Explained the situation and she said she could send in a request for another department to pull a fresh soft pull report and review the account for a cli. I'm assuming the max they'd go is $300k since my limit is $1k. That would still be substantially lower than any other account but better than nothing.
Message 15 of 17
Berk
Established Contributor

If they give you 300K let me know. I'll ask for a CLI with the quickness!
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha!! Oops. Meant 3k
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.