Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Application Strange Message.....

tag
toi34
Established Contributor

Amex Application Strange Message.....

Anyone ever get this message after applying with Amex...if so, what was the outcome?

Thank You for applying for the American Express® Green Card.

In order to provide you with an instant decision, we need to speak with you. We are available to assist you during our Hours of Operations: Monday-Friday 8AM to Midnight, Saturdays 9:30AM to 9PM, and Sundays 10AM to 9PM Eastern Time.

Please call us at 1-800-582-6471 to be connected directly to a Customer Care Professional who will provide you with a decision. To expedite your call, please refer to your individual tracking number. XXXXXUSD.

If you are unable to speak with us now, print this page and call us during our Hours of Operation. We will finalize your application when you call. If we don't hear from you, we will attempt to contact you in the next 2-3 days.

Thank you for choosing American Express.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Application Strange Message.....

This happened to me when I applied for both a charge card and a revolver on the same day. They just wanted to verify my identity. They approved the card and even offered expedited shipping. 

Message 2 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

Sounds like a ID verify response for final approval.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call them, they need to verify your identity !!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This JUST happened to me last night!  But with a business card (I posted a similar thread there last night). 

I called this morning since the screen asked me to call - they asked me my name and DOB and said "I see you applied for the simply cash card... the team is still working on this application... if you don't hear back from us in 2-3 business days, please give us a call back."  I was like, "So you didn't need anything?" He said, "No, just give us a call if you don't hear from us in 2-3 business days..."

So I guess I wasn't instantly approved.... Maybe they need an underwriter and that doesn't happen until Monday?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it is a verification issue and they just want to make sure you are the one that applied...

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called on my application and they still didn't say yes (yet?) and I got the same message as OP...

Message 7 of 9
toi34
Established Contributor

You all were right...I had to verify my identity. APPROVED!

Message 8 of 9
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@toi34 wrote:

You all were right...I had to verify my identity. APPROVED!

Awesome - Congrats!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.