Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Application

tag
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

Amex Application

So I applied for the American express gold card and got denied. I just received a letter to them and the reason they denied me is because application cancelled due to account cancelled from another AMEX card. I used to be AU for my aunt AMEX but it was cancelled since she couldn't pay for it so I paid the balance on the account so it was paid in full. Am I blacklisted or something from them? or should I do recon and ask them?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Application

I would definitely call and get that straightend out

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 2 of 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Application

@kampfer09 wrote:
So I applied for the American express gold card and got denied. I just received a letter to them and the reason they denied me is because application cancelled due to account cancelled from another AMEX card. I used to be AU for my aunt AMEX but it was cancelled since she couldn't pay for it so I paid the balance on the account so it was paid in full. Am I blacklisted or something from them? or should I do recon and ask them?

You should try and recon perhaps an explanation might do the trick 

Good luck and best wishes 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.