Frequent Contributor
kampfer09

Amex Application

So I applied for the American express gold card and got denied. I just received a letter to them and the reason they denied me is because application cancelled due to account cancelled from another AMEX card. I used to be AU for my aunt AMEX but it was cancelled since she couldn't pay for it so I paid the balance on the account so it was paid in full. Am I blacklisted or something from them? or should I do recon and ask them?
Regular Contributor
a3quit4s

Re: Amex Application

I would definitely call and get that straightend out

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Amex Application

kampfer09 wrote:
So I applied for the American express gold card and got denied. I just received a letter to them and the reason they denied me is because application cancelled due to account cancelled from another AMEX card. I used to be AU for my aunt AMEX but it was cancelled since she couldn't pay for it so I paid the balance on the account so it was paid in full. Am I blacklisted or something from them? or should I do recon and ask them?

You should try and recon perhaps an explanation might do the trick 

Good luck and best wishes 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+