Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,072
Registered: ‎04-24-2008
0

Re: Amex Approval letter??


nada9188 wrote:

tntexans72 wrote:

Well...looks like I am waiting for my BCP card too. The letter I received stated my EX Fico is 754. My EX Plus score was 747 at the time of approval, I was shocked my EX Fico was higher than my EX Plus score :smileyhappy:

 

I will check the mail tomorrow (Sat) and hopefully the card will be there. The 0% apr for 12 months will get me started with xmas shopping :smileyhappy:

 

 

 

 



Isn't that such a pleasant suprise? You app'd Sunday night too, right?



I was approved on 11/28 and apped over the wk end. I don't expect the card to be here til next week.

What is your starting CL from Amex? BTW...congrats!!

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 252
Registered: ‎11-27-2011
0

Re: Amex Approval letter??


tntexans72 wrote:

nada9188 wrote:

tntexans72 wrote:

Well...looks like I am waiting for my BCP card too. The letter I received stated my EX Fico is 754. My EX Plus score was 747 at the time of approval, I was shocked my EX Fico was higher than my EX Plus score :smileyhappy:

 

I will check the mail tomorrow (Sat) and hopefully the card will be there. The 0% apr for 12 months will get me started with xmas shopping :smileyhappy:

 

 

 

 



Isn't that such a pleasant suprise? You app'd Sunday night too, right?



I was approved on 11/28 and apped over the wk end. I don't expect the card to be here til next week.

What is your starting CL from Amex? BTW...congrats!!


Thx same to you.. It seems like the BCP is the biggest buzz on these forums right now. I called and they told me 3k! For me I was shocked because its my highest limit.

 

Income is only 26K, Discover has me at $750 tiny dollars, and WellsFargo has me at $2200. 

 

Do you think even with my income I can go for 9K in 61 days?

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,072
Registered: ‎04-24-2008
0

Re: Amex Approval letter??


nada9188 wrote:

tntexans72 wrote:

nada9188 wrote:

tntexans72 wrote:

Well...looks like I am waiting for my BCP card too. The letter I received stated my EX Fico is 754. My EX Plus score was 747 at the time of approval, I was shocked my EX Fico was higher than my EX Plus score :smileyhappy:

 

I will check the mail tomorrow (Sat) and hopefully the card will be there. The 0% apr for 12 months will get me started with xmas shopping :smileyhappy:

 

 

 

 



Isn't that such a pleasant suprise? You app'd Sunday night too, right?



I was approved on 11/28 and apped over the wk end. I don't expect the card to be here til next week.

What is your starting CL from Amex? BTW...congrats!!


Thx same to you.. It seems like the BCP is the biggest buzz on these forums right now. I called and they told me 3k! For me I was shocked because its my highest limit.

 

Income is only 26K, Discover has me at $750 tiny dollars, and WellsFargo has me at $2200. 

 

Do you think even with my income I can go for 9K in 61 days?



I don't think it hurts to ask since it's automated. If anything, they would counter so I would ask for 3x :smileyhappy:

I am going to take the safe route and ask for 2x my current CL for the BCP. I did ask for 3x on my SPG card and it was approved.

Amex allows you to request a CLI up to $25K using their automated system.

 

 

Established Contributor
Posts: 707
Registered: ‎08-14-2008
0

Re: Amex Approval letter??


nada9188 wrote:

jefftca925 wrote:

The reason you got the letter under seperate cover as the card was because the interest rate they gave you on the account was the top tier rate which is 17.24% I believe.  The new CC law states that a FICO score must be given if the applicant does NOT receive the best terms for the account they applied for.  There will be a disclosure of the specific terms of your card account when you actually recieve your card that tells you what your interest rate is and other applicable charges for the account.  The "adverse results" have to be disclosed so the applicant knows what caused the lender to charge a higher rate.  But that should be no biggie... just PIF every month!!


I am somewhat confused on what you are saying.. On the first line you said I got a seperate letter because they gave me the top tier rate, but then you say that I got the letter because I did not qualify for the best rates.. Ether way like you said, PIF, which was my original plan so idc about apr that much. When I applied I had the state of mind that I wanted the highest interest rate because I just wanted to get approved!! 


OOPS!!  I need to proofread this stuff before posting... I meant NOT approved for the top tier.  I corrected it...

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 6.9k, CSP VISA Sg 7k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 11.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 9.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase United VS 13k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, Compass Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, Capital One QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Barclay Arrival 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 9k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 17k, DC 30k, VirgAm 12k, Sams MC 15k
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 252
Registered: ‎11-27-2011
0

Re: Amex Approval letter??


jefftca925 wrote:

nada9188 wrote:

jefftca925 wrote:

The reason you got the letter under seperate cover as the card was because the interest rate they gave you on the account was the top tier rate which is 17.24% I believe.  The new CC law states that a FICO score must be given if the applicant does NOT receive the best terms for the account they applied for.  There will be a disclosure of the specific terms of your card account when you actually recieve your card that tells you what your interest rate is and other applicable charges for the account.  The "adverse results" have to be disclosed so the applicant knows what caused the lender to charge a higher rate.  But that should be no biggie... just PIF every month!!


I am somewhat confused on what you are saying.. On the first line you said I got a seperate letter because they gave me the top tier rate, but then you say that I got the letter because I did not qualify for the best rates.. Ether way like you said, PIF, which was my original plan so idc about apr that much. When I applied I had the state of mind that I wanted the highest interest rate because I just wanted to get approved!! 


OOPS!!  I need to proofread this stuff before posting... I meant NOT approved for the top tier.  I corrected it...



Gotcha.. No worries I was just checking.. I still think its weird that they didn't tell me what they were going to be in that letter. I know my AAoA sucks, but the score doesn't get that high for no reason, so if you look at it that way, why wouldn't I get the best rates? 

 

Just trying to be rational here, which I know scores aren't always..

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,863
Registered: ‎09-20-2011
0

Re: Amex Approval letter??

They did the same thing to me.  Approved on the 25th for BCP, got the letter yesterday, and am anxiously awaiting my card.   I also got the not enough accounts paid as agreed and it doesn't make any sense to me either.  I'm sure I'm in the highest interest rate bracket but I don't care, it's going to be a PIF only card and I can't wait to get it.  I want the rewards on my Christmas shopping.

Established Contributor
Posts: 707
Registered: ‎08-14-2008
0

Re: Amex Approval letter??

I didn't get a letter with my Amex BCP approval...just the card... but I did get one for my BofA Cash Rewards approval because I didn't get the best interest rate they offered (14.9% opposed to 12.9%).  I think you can call Amex CS and see if they can tell you what your FICO score was if it's not given...not sure though.  I've never asked except when I got my mortgage.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 6.9k, CSP VISA Sg 7k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 11.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 9.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase United VS 13k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, Compass Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, Capital One QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Barclay Arrival 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 9k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 17k, DC 30k, VirgAm 12k, Sams MC 15k
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.