Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Approval!!!!

tag
konabill
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Approval!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:
You can get backdated to your AU year just make sure you have account numbers available should they ask for it.

I got backdated to 1971 from my dad's card that he added me as an AU after I got my own green. We had to jump through some hoops though.

Congrats on the approval!!!

OMG !!!!!!!!!!     40 years of account history...............  I wish  Discover and others would backdate...........

TU 802 EQ 806
*USAA*PENFED*NFCU*AMEX*DISCOVER*CiTi*WALMART*BESTBUY*
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. I will certainly report back on the account date once I receive the card. 

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm happy to report that AMEX has dated my card back to '04. I'm so excited coz this will really boost my score!

It does show member since 11 on the card though. I will hold off with it until it appears on my report then will call to get that corrected :-)

Message 13 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on the backdating.

For those who are getting their cards changed, I guess I'm curious as to why? I'm grateful enough that AmEx does the back-dating, so I don't ask for another card just for a changed year. What's on the card doesn't matter anyway.

Navy sent me my new card in my no-longer-married name. Since I'm using it for a BT, I won't bother asking for a replacement until I pay off the BT and start actually shopping with it.

Anyway, just me. I'm kinda allergic to frequent calls to CS, I suppose.

Again, congrats on the 2004 date.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 16
vish1
Valued Contributor

@konabill wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
You can get backdated to your AU year just make sure you have account numbers available should they ask for it.

I got backdated to 1971 from my dad's card that he added me as an AU after I got my own green. We had to jump through some hoops though.

Congrats on the approval!!!

OMG !!!!!!!!!!     40 years of account history...............  I wish  Discover and others would backdate...........

Just thinking, if we keep adding kids as AU and they keep getting backdated, this way if someone who has a amex today, his/her grandsons apply for 3-4 amex cards when they are 21 years will have a AAoA of 40+ years and a FICO of 820.... (without having borrowed anything ever)

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had my first AmEx CC in 91, I recently applied for an AmEx Blue Cash CC and I was able to have it backdated to 91, I never asked for them to send me a new card saying "Member Since 91" but low and behold, about two weeks after I logged into my account at AmEx and noticed it said Member Since 91, I received a new card in the mail saying Member Since 91.

I wasn't really concerned about having a new card that said 91, but it did make me feel more reassured that it will list on my reports as opened in 91.

I'm also AU on my Fathers AmEx Platinum Optima opened in 84, maybe I should have seen if I could have had it backdated to then? However, I'm very happy with it backdated to 91 Smiley Happy

Congrats to you, keep up the great work!!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.