Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Approval

tag
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Amex Approval

Have been declined twice-last app was 3 mnths ago-Just apped again and for the past 4 days the status says:In Process. Is this a GOOD sign?!?!

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Approval

I thought if you are declined for AMEX once you need to wait 6 months before you apply again. I could very well be wrong though, but that was my understanding.

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 2 of 4
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

You have to wait 30 days between apps.

I applied for the Gold card, and it said In Progress for about 24 hours, they called me and had to verify address with banking institution and then I was in.

IMO, a denial will come very shortly after an application (within minutes to a few hours).  if it pends for a while, its usually a good sign.

EDIT: 4 days is a long time, just call up New Accounts and ask them if there is anything you can do to speed the process along?  They might just have an address discrepancy or something.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 3 of 4
mross1080
Established Contributor

Call Them! I apped several times every 31 days for several months and got instant declines everytime. The last time I got that same message called them they verified my address by calling a number and having me enter my debit card info and I was approved! It looks good for you. Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.