cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex.. Are you trying to tell me something here?

tag
DomoNomo
Contributor

Amex.. Are you trying to tell me something here?

I don't see why they couldn't just give me the whole thing.  Will that extra $100 be the deciding factor whether I get a financial review or not?  I don't know why I'm feeling a little annoy, but there it is.

amex25000.png

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex.. Are you trying telling me something here?

I understand why you're annoyed, but I wouldn't stress it. It's a great credit line nonetheless.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No you shouldn't be annoyed. This is too small of a thing to be annoyed with. Enjoy your new high credit limit and leave it at that. Somethings are just not worth it and come off looking petty in the larger scheme of things. 

Any other accounts at or near $25K? If not, why dwell on a $100 difference besides just being able to? 

Honestly it is sad when something good and positive is something that becomes a point of discontent. Appreciate what you have. A lot of other people here can't even get a few hundred dollars in credit increases, and they actually need it. I know $25K looks nice (I have it with Amex too), but $24,900 looks just as nice. 

Be thankful and have a nice weekend!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No you shouldn't be annoyed. This is too small of a thing to be annoyed with. Enjoy your new high credit limit and leave it at that. Somethings are just not worth it and come off looking petty in the larger scheme of things. 

Any other accounts at or near $25K? If not, why dwell on a $100 difference besides just being able to? 

Honestly it is sad when something good and positive is something that becomes a point of discontent. Appreciate what you have. A lot of other people here can't even get a few hundred dollars in credit increases, and they actually need it. I know $25K looks nice (I have it with Amex too), but $24,500 looks just as nice. 

Be thankful and have a nice weekend!

+1

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't sweat it! I had my BoA card increased to $24,900 and it bothered me for a little bit. Called and had the line LOWERED to $24,500 and it made a world of difference to me. I can't tell you why, because I have no idea, but that's what worked for me. I am at ease now. Next year I am going for the gusto with the card...$50k!

Message 5 of 8
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Congrats on cli........

Message 6 of 8
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Amex.. Are you trying to tell me something here?

@DomoNomo wrote:

I don't see why they couldn't just give me the whole thing.  Will that extra $100 be the deciding factor whether I get a financial review or not?  I don't know why I'm feeling a little annoy, but there it is.

Any time you apply for credit, and the CCC starts moving limits around, or counteroffers with $24,900 instead of $25,000, yeah, it means it's a deciding factor and you've reached a current limit with their internal credit models.

If you show responsible use with this limit, then their internal scoring models will be able to raise your possible credit limit. You won't know that until you ask for more CL, and that should only be after 6 months or so with this CL.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex.. Are you trying to tell me something here?

Congrats on your CLI

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.