Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Authorized User Killed my Credit because no backdating

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Authorized User Killed my Credit because no backdating

Only if its completely removed from your account. If it shows as closed it will still factor into the AAoA.
Message 11 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I get it to be completely removed??? Does AMex completely remove Authorized User Info. Why would it show up as closed if my wife removes me as an authorized user? (I have read that Amex will sometimes report it as closed, nit sure if that is misinformation)

Message 12 of 43
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

Fox~

How quickly are you looking to close?  Most lenders will be doing an additional HP prior to closing once you are in the 30 day window to lock in your interest rate...if you are 2-3 months out from closing, your scores may rebound by that time and allow you to once again requalify for the best rate.  Another option is talking to other lenders about what score is required to be in the top tier for rates....they can all pick their own threshold, just like they can decide the $ of lender fees you pay.

I'm afraid what's been done is done with the AMEX, if they already placed it on your CR at your DW request to add you I don't foresee them being willing to remove the entire TL just because you realized you "messed up".  

Not to kick you while you're down but, in cases of things as important as mortgages, ALWAYS seek advice from your lender or the masters here BEFORE doing something that could jeopardize your whole project.

Good Luck and let us know how it turns out!

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 13 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly, our lender told us to add me to a few accounts. Sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 14 of 43
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Then talk to the lender, you really didn't add debt availability you were added to DW as an AU and took their advice.  It' the same CL for the both of you on a global perspective.  Nothing to lose talking to lender on what happened.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 15 of 43
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FroggieMom wrote:

I'm afraid what's been done is done with the AMEX, if they already placed it on your CR at your DW request to add you I don't foresee them being willing to remove the entire TL just because you realized you "messed up".  

At least in theory, once you are removed as an AU, the account should go away from the CR (as you have no relationship with it).   How quickly this can happen will vary

Message 16 of 43
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Then talk to the lender, you really didn't add debt availability you were added to DW as an AU and took their advice.  It' the same CL for the both of you on a global perspective.  Nothing to lose talking to lender on what happened

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Then talk to the lender, you really didn't add debt availability you were added to DW as an AU and took their advice.  It' the same CL for the both of you on a global perspective.  Nothing to lose talking to lender on what happened.

Redpat~

The adding of available credit isn't the problem, the problem is that he added a "new" account to his CR, therefore reducing his AAoA which caused his score to drop out of prime rate range.

Fox~

I had a bad feeling you were going to say your lender told you that!  Smiley Sad Just as there is in any profession, there are lenders themselves who don't understand credit and scoring and will give bad advice to their clients.  As I said previously, unless you will be losing a house you have already put a contract on, shop around with lenders ( but do NOT let them all HP your credit...only one you are serious about using).  Visit the Mortgage board on here too...lots of knowledge there...including some lenders who can help.

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 17 of 43
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

Backdating ended long ago.  AmEx never backdated for AU's anyway.

They didn't  backdate AUs in the same way as the basic user, but up to several years ago, they did backdate the AU to the date the basic user opened the card (or that backdated date).   This is how a few people got accounts dated to before they were born, and many others dated from when they were very very  young

Message 18 of 43
Involver
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like your lender needs to brush up on his advice.  Opening new accouts or adding yourself to accounts while in the process of acquring a mortgage is never advised.

Message 19 of 43
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Your lender isn't very bright. If you qualified for the best rates, why add anything at that point? It's not like you would qualify for super duper best rates after that. As involver said adding accounts while in the mortgage process is never advised. Have yourself removed as an AU and dispute the accounts with each CRA and have their record completely removed, it can be done I've done it myself.
Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.