Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Authorized User Question

tag
Guvnor
Established Member

Amex Authorized User Question

Hey Guys,

My wife got her AU Amex card yesterday and activated it. She cannot set up her own account as I think I set it so only I could pay bills etc...

When she activated she put her email, can I have it registered to my email instead so I get alerts or will I get alerts anyway as its my account?

Will her spending show up under my Amex account and App? I tried added her card to my iPhone app but it wouldn't let me.

Thanks

Matt
FICO (Discover) = 757
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Authorized User Question

My wife is an authorized user on my American Express Blue Cash Preferred. (She uses it primarily for groceries, so we can get the 6% back.)

I don't recall setting anything special up -- I just ordered her a card when I first opened the account. But whenever one on her charges shows up on the account, it has a little icon next to it that indicates it's hers. And I can break out her charges and analyze them the same way I can mine or the whole account together.

She used it on online one time, and I did get the card-not-present email. So the notifications seem to come to me.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account Services -> Card Management -> Additional Cards and Custom Limits

From there you can add spend tracking alerts, set spending limits or freeze the card.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can only access these features from a browser.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.