Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Authorized Users

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Authorized Users

Hello all. I have a couple of questions for those with Amex cards.

I was recently approved for an Amex Everyday Credit Card about a week ago. I am super excited to have it, but now I have to buckle down and see how I can get the maximum benefits out of the card. Below are the questions that I have in regards to adding an Authorized User to my account.

How soon can I add an Authorized User to my account?
Will adding an Authroized user halt or restart the 3xCLI?
Does Amex report to the Authorized Users Credit Bureaus?
If the Authroized user already had a previous account with Amex will the AU card be backdated for them?

Sorry for all the questions but I was not able to find clear answers on the forums.

Look forward to hearing your response.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Authorized Users

- As soon as you get the card in hand. You need the 4 digit code to add.

- Nope.

- Yes
If the Authroized user already had a previous account with Amex will the AU card be backdated for them?

- I don't think so, because it's based on the primary card holder but others can chime in

Message 2 of 6
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Preetymoney wrote:
Hello all. I have a couple of questions for those with Amex cards.

I was recently approved for an Amex Everyday Credit Card about a week ago. I am super excited to have it, but now I have to buckle down and see how I can get the maximum benefits out of the card. Below are the questions that I have in regards to adding an Authorized User to my account.

Sorry for all the questions but I was not able to find clear answers on the forums.

Look forward to hearing your response.

Pretty much right away you can add AU

No it will remain the same

Yes on their CR

I've seen some that did get theirs backdate to their own MSD but not always

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am an AU on my wife's account and I was able to get mine backdated to 99 but I did have to ask. The AU will have to have their own login for their card to see the correct msd. I was able to get it all done via chat.
Message 4 of 6
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

You can actually add an AU during the initial application process. You'll receive your card, and the AU's card at the same time Smiley Happy

No

Not always. If their credit is low enough, they will not report to their AU account. AMEX refuses to report on an AU that I have on my account for this reason Smiley Sad

Yes! You can also backdate your Member Since Date to that of an AU on your account

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 5 of 6
taxi818
Super Contributor

As far as backdating on the Au. it only backdates if the au was on before 2011. anything after 2011 will just give them your msd. with fico 08. Au is not guranteed to help. no one knows when it helps and when nots. it just depends. magic i guess. Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.