tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCE $250 Offer

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Damn.  It was wishful thinking anyway haha.  Oh well, gives me more time to age and something else will hopefully come up.

In my experience has taught me to always save 2-3 HP's a year for exceptional offers that come up during the year 

What do you mean by "safe?" Do you have a set number of HPs you budget yourself a year?

Lineoffaith,

I wrote save you saw "safe" .....Roflol

I'll explain tho how my profile with CC's has evolved in my credit journey over the course of the last 2 years....

In years past I app'ed 5-6 cards a year or more ....Just depending on what fit my profile and needs at the time but never due to I just wants XXX card.Smiley Tongue

My experience has now taught me to plan every January for 2-4 cards/HP's per year.

Of those numbers I save 2-3 HP's for cards that come along with great can't pass up type offers usually large bonus card with no less that a minimum of $500 

Traditionally these type offers come around between March-July and Sept-December from all my research .....give or take 

With that said you can almost bank that I'll be picking up 1-2 cards between here and December as I know CCC's will be offering nice bonuses for holiday shoppersSmiley Wink

They (CCC's) will be hoping for someone other than the type of people found here (myFico) ....

Someone who carries a balance and not someone like me who PIF gets bonus and gone ....LolSmiley Mad

I'll never app for a bonus card and carry a balance it defects the purpose and eats into the profits of the bonus be it cash or points.

The only possible hiccup in my plan is Chase's new rule but that only means this year they'll have to be within the next 2 apps Lol 

Most likely I'll get my 2nd Ink card if 70k offer comes back but worst case I get 60k offers in mail every 2-3 months or CSP if they go back to 3K spend which I doubt 

Whatever happens from the above scenarios Hyatt app immediately after 

Thanks for the explanation. Informative lol. and I typed "safe" as a typo...but didn't feel like fixing it, believe I typed it on mobile. I'll take a few things from your strategy. I just got back into the credit game.

Message 51 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cal- wrote:

I talked to Amex and they did indicate that I'll have to wait 90 days after my last approval so no BCE $250 for me. 

Did you actually app?

Message 52 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This statement confuses me. If rates rise, credit card companies make more money. Shouldn't bonuses be bigger? Also, it's impossible to say how and when monetary policy will tighten, and it's affects on lending and savings rates. The Fed has limitations on how it can impact rates. 

I honestly don't care what the Fed does, and my decisions aren't based on what they "may" do.

In general, when short term rates (determined by the discount rate) rise, Banks and Businesses make more on deposits and cash.  So, for a CC company, higher rates equates to higher returns on cash, than the benefit of giving it away (for the write off) as marketing expenditures.  When fiscal policy tightens, lending contracts, and cost of money increases. All things equal, there is lesser incentive to offer loans and terms will be less favorable for the borrower.

You're right, it is impossible to predict the Fed.  We've had easy monetary policy for 5 years.  However, from this point, rates can only increase and monetary policy tighten, only if because they can't be lowered or "loosened" further.

People have been saying this isn't a normal interest rate environment. I agree that things can only go up from here. But we honestly never know when that will occur. Look what happened with China, a bunch of noise that could impede interest rate actions by the Fed. So yeah, unpredictable. 

Your explanation of less incentive to offer favorable terms has a lot of assumptions involved. If the cost of money rises, that could affect supply, which could cause loan terms to move towards an equilibrium. Either way. Not in the mood to debate lol. Let's just take advantage of the good times while people are still fearful of credit.

Right, perfect time for us CC enthusiasts!

I just got back into credit. And I'm a happy camper. All the cards you see in my sig are from within 6 months or so ago. I'm slowing down at this point and I'm being selective. Next target is the SW campion pass...which I'll try for the beginning of next year.

Message 53 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.