Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE 3x CLI!! WOOT!

tag
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

Amex BCE 3x CLI!! WOOT!

I've been rebuilding for a few years now and gardening (mostly) for about 5 months now and hadn't really been keeping up with reading and research and what not lately. So I hadn't realized that after 61 days from activation I could/should do the online CLI request. So I read.... I think... I apply for 3X from 2k to 6k...hit the button... BAM! 6K credit limit! I nearly fell off my chair!Smiley Surprised

My total utilization was 37% (three cards, no loans) and my Amex utilization was about 25%. I've been using it for some bills and stuff and I did get it up over 50% at least once I remember.

I'm looking for a $10k or so auto loan in several months and so I want to get my accounts utilizations down and let them simmer and report. This more than doubles my total available credit and my overal utilizatoin dives to 16% and it was just a soft pull. Smiley Tongue

Thanks AMEX! And thanks to these forums! Although I'd like a lower rate (22%) I'm more than happy with how I've been treated and they're like miricle grow for my credit.

Question: Since this isn't a newly opened account and there was no hard pull I can't imagine it could have any negative effect on my report at all. Am I right?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: Amex BCE 3x CLI!! WOOT!

That´s a very nice shot right here Smiley Happy Congrats OP, waiting to do similar with mine. I don´t think being a newly opened account would matter at all. It was SP so no harm done.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 2 of 20
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

congrats! one more month and i get to ask for my cli!!

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 3 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Funk-O-Meter wrote:

I've been rebuilding for a few years now and gardening (mostly) for about 5 months now and hadn't really been keeping up with reading and research and what not lately. So I hadn't realized that after 61 days from activation I could/should do the online CLI request. So I read.... I think... I apply for 3X from 2k to 6k...hit the button... BAM! 6K credit limit! I nearly fell off my chair!Smiley Surprised

My total utilization was 37% (three cards, no loans) and my Amex utilization was about 25%. I've been using it for some bills and stuff and I did get it up over 50% at least once I remember.

I'm looking for a $10k or so auto loan in several months and so I want to get my accounts utilizations down and let them simmer and report. This more than doubles my total available credit and my overal utilizatoin dives to 16% and it was just a soft pull. Smiley Tongue

Thanks AMEX! And thanks to these forums! Although I'd like a lower rate (22%) I'm more than happy with how I've been treated and they're like miricle grow for my credit.

Question: Since this isn't a newly opened account and there was no hard pull I can't imagine it could have any negative effect on my report at all. Am I right?

CONGRATS!!!

Awesome CLI!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 20
A_Madel
Contributor

Awesome! Looking forward to that day myself :-)

Current: EQ 791 / TU 788 / EX 752 FICO's (MyFico, Oct 2012)

*** NFCU Plat | USAA CR Amex | PenFed TR Amex | BOA Gold | JP Morgan Select | Amex BCP | Amex PRG | USAA Plat ***
Message 5 of 20
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

Yea I've been kind of going for it and being aggressive with my apping the last 6 months or so and to my true amazement I've not been denied once. I expected to get denied when I apped for the AMEX in the first place and they gave me a 2k limit! Then I honestly expected them to come back with a smaller CLI offer or request more info but they just approved it. I peed down my leg a little.

Message 6 of 20
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Congrats! The 3x jump is awesome.  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 7 of 20
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

lol nice, can't wait to get this card.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 8 of 20
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Congrats.  You are right about Amex being miracle grow for credit.  As soon as I got my $6000 BCP, Discover, Bank of America and GECRB followed suit.  BoA and Discover raised to 6K.  GECRB then gave me insane limits on my Amazon and wally cards.  All in 1-2 months since getting the Amex revolver.  Higher limits 100% beget higher limits.

Now I just have to work on Chase...

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 9 of 20
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

Congrats.  You are right about Amex being miracle grow for credit.  As soon as I got my $6000 BCP, Discover, Bank of America and GECRB followed suit.  BoA and Discover raised to 6K.  GECRB then gave me insane limits on my Amazon and wally cards.  All in 1-2 months since getting the Amex revolver.  Higher limits 100% beget higher limits.

Now I just have to work on Chase...

That is very nice to know, grats!!

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.