Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE 6 month CLI question

tag
tin369
Established Member

Amex BCE 6 month CLI question

Hi all, I got my first CLI after 61 days, now my 6 month period is coming up, I have reported income of $50,000 and my CL is $6000.

Can I ask for 3X after 6 months, will they approve for $18000?

Also, I am going to be buyinga  house son, will asking for a CLI impact the credit report/score in any way. if it will then I want to wait aftre my home purchase.

Suggestions

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex BCE 6 month CLI question

Yes, you can ask for that credit line. Only Amex knows if it will be approved or not.  Amex CLI's are SP's, so no impact on your credit for the request. If the CLI is approved, it might increase your score by decreasing your utilization.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 2 of 6
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

@tin369 wrote:

Hi all, I got my first CLI after 61 days, now my 6 month period is coming up, I have reported income of $50,000 and my CL is $6000.

Can I ask for 3X after 6 months, will they approve for $18000?

Also, I am going to be buyinga  house son, will asking for a CLI impact the credit report/score in any way. if it will then I want to wait aftre my home purchase.

Suggestions

I say go for it! if you're not approved for the $18,000 AMEX will counter offer. I started off with a $2,000 CL on the BCP as well. Can't wait until 61 days Smiley Happy

make sure to let us know how it goes and if you're approved. Would definitely like to know! 

***AMEX PLATINUM NPSL *******AMEX BCP 23,100***** CITI DOUBLE CASHBACK $5,900 *****Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 **** Chase Freedom $8,000 *****Sears Mastercard Platinum $5,000 **** Macy's Star Rewards $1,000 ***** American Express BCE $24,900 (AU) **** *****Discover IT $8,500 (AU)*****
Message 3 of 6
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

It is 6 months from the date of the 61 day cli, not from the date of account creation -- right?

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 4 of 6
vikash1986
New Contributor

@ Swapmeet

Yes it is 6 months after your last increase. I started out with $2000 then after 61 days I requested 6000 and they approved it. Now I a waiting for my 8th statement to cut then I will call them to request 25000 and I am possitive they will come back and say "we can only offer you 18000" then I am going to say "Thank you very much you have bin very helpful".... Hehe. My eight statement should be ready in April 18th.

Message 5 of 6
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Right on. I opened both Amex accounts within 5 days of each other and they only gave me 1k on the BCE. Now I have to use my 61st day to get to 3k and my 8th statement to try for 9k. Meanwhile, barring an auto cli from amex on my delta gold, it will stay at 2k.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.