Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE Auto CLI - Does it Happen?

tag
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

Amex BCE Auto CLI - Does it Happen?

I've read about the 61 day 3X CLI with a SP, I was wondering if Amex ever does auto CLI's?  

I got a BCE with a $1000 limit during a recent app spree, which tells me I barely met their requirements, and with all my 10 new accounts and 10+ inquiries I don't want to draw any unnecessary attention to my account by asking for a CLI too soon.  Plus I maxed it out by prepaying my verizon and time warner bills to meet the minimum spend for the $100 cashback bonus, so my util on the card will be high for a while.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex BCE Auto CLI - Does it Happen?

Amex hates carrying a balance, having the card near maxed out doesn't bode well for CLI's let alone an auto-CLI. I carried a balance of 30% for 6 months during the 0 percent APR, and they CLD my account. They also denied my CLI request while carying a balance.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex BCE Auto CLI - Does it Happen?

@yellowcake wrote:

I've read about the 61 day 3X CLI with a SP, I was wondering if Amex ever does auto CLI's?  

I got a BCE with a $1000 limit during a recent app spree, which tells me I barely met their requirements, and with all my 10 new accounts and 10+ inquiries I don't want to draw any unnecessary attention to my account by asking for a CLI too soon.  Plus I maxed it out by prepaying my verizon and time warner bills to meet the minimum spend for the $100 cashback bonus, so my util on the card will be high for a while.

I haven't heard of auto CLI's but I suppose they happen.  Amex is so well characterized here and since they offer SP CLI requests, we pretty much all initiate faster than they'd auto most likely anyway... and their limits do grow absurdly quickly if your income and payment history support it.

Revolver at 1K is nothing to sneeze at in Amex land, my file is ugly, got approved for 1K, and then 61ish days later, 3K tradeline.  I don't know that I'll get the full 9K in another fiveish months, but I probably get countered to something north of 5K which is everywhere I wanted to be *next* year, and here I may well have it done six to twelve months early.

Amex CLI's FTW.  Seriously, just use the card well, pay on time, and ask for the CLI regardless in my opinion.

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.