Did you mean: 

Amex BCE - Credit Limit Increase?

tag
Journeygod
Regular Contributor

Amex BCE - Credit Limit Increase?

Hey Night Owls,

I'm wondering if anyone is still up that can give me a little insight on this:

I've had an Amex BCE since May 2015 at $23,100 without another CLI ( nothing since the first 3x increase in September).

Does anybody think it may be time for another CLI?
And does that require a new HP?

I'd like to get the card to $30k.
My reports and payment history are clean. My Amex score is 749.

Thanks in advance,

John

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCE - Credit Limit Increase?

It will be a SP, and you can try for one now because its been 6 months since your last increase. Just know that going higher could result in them asking you for your tax returns for income verification. It doesn't always happen, but it is a possibility. Good luck!

Message 2 of 20
Journeygod
Regular Contributor

Thanks!
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question with that limit how would one go about just asking for 25k and no more to avoid the whole tax forms etc?

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

they can still ask for it. may as well just ask for what you want
Message 5 of 20
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

It will be a SP, and you can try for one now because its been 6 months since your last increase. Just know that going higher could result in them asking you for your tax returns for income verification. It doesn't always happen, but it is a possibility. Good luck!

Okay, can someone please enlighten me on what it is about avoiding this income verification deal with Amex?  I've read it many times on the forum where people will do just about everything in their power to avoid it.  Is there something terribly wrong with providing this info?  I mean, if income wasn't inflated then why is there such a fear of providing proof?  I know some will say state privacy, but really, doesn't these lenders already know just about all of our personal info anyway?

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

most people just don't wanna deal with it but most credit unions verify income for your first lending product anyway so it's no different. just verify and move on lol
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay, can someone please enlighten me on what it is about avoiding this income verification deal with Amex?  I've read it many times on the forum where people will do just about everything in their power to avoid it.  Is there something terribly wrong with providing this info?  I mean, if income wasn't inflated then why is there such a fear of providing proof?  I know some will say state privacy, but really, doesn't these lenders already know just about all of our personal info anyway?

They only know as much as your credit report says, and income isn't on there. I don't like the intrusiveness of it personally, so I won't do it. But, they're lending to you so it's well within their rights to ask. 

Message 8 of 20
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They only know as much as your credit report says, and income isn't on there. I don't like the intrusiveness of it personally, so I won't do it. But, they're lending to you so it's well within their rights to ask. 

I guess I'm missing the intrusiveness part.  Don't you have to input income information in when applying and/or asking for a CLI?  Most times when I've asked for a CLI I've always been asked for my current income unless it was SP auto luv. 

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sure there are many reasons why people don't like strangers having access to their tax returns, hopefully others will chime in with more reasons. But one example I can see is like for me it's not just "my" personal information that is included on my tax return - my children's sensitive info is on there as well (for others it could be spouses or even ex-spouses). Why should my children's info be passed around from person to person when they have nothing to do with the card? Then I wonder what happens to our tax returns after the IRS sends them to the lender? Are they stored in the lender's system forever; what if there's a data breach; are they printed out, who all will have access to them?

It's income that they want to verify and there are other less intrusive ways to do that - like W2s, check stubs, Profit & Loss statements, etc. I would even argure that bank statements are pretty intrusive as well because it details not only what you deposit (i.e. income) but also shows how much you spend, on what, and to who.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.