Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE Credit Line Question

tag
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex BCE Credit Line Question

BBS - I'm not 100% on the whole follow up call with the 2 day situation.  I think they were doing it after getting the instant online CLI for $500 or whatever amount.  It's worth a shot though with the 2 day if someone can confirm or wants to try it out in that situation.

Nathan - yes, since 12/22 should be about 90 days from opening the Discover and you should be eligible by then if you haven't gotten an auto CLI 

Message 21 of 31
iNathanDrake
Valued Member

Thanks Austin! I remember you from a few of my older posts and I really appreciate your input man! I'm eagerly waiting for the 22nd lol!
Message 22 of 31
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Patience is the hardest part of this game.  We get caught up in the quick fixes we get when we get an approval or positive movement on a card.  Just have to find something to do while you're waiting so you don't sabotage yourself prematurely.

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

BBS - I'm not 100% on the whole follow up call with the 2 day situation.  I think they were doing it after getting the instant online CLI for $500 or whatever amount.  It's worth a shot though with the 2 day if someone can confirm or wants to try it out in that situation.

I see.  I'd be willing to give this a try next week.  It seems that most auto-CLIs come pretty early on with a lot of Discover accounts and then the 2 day message seems to be more common.  I feel like I'm sort of past the auto CLIs at this point, but who knows maybe I'll get lucky.  If I do get an auto-CLI I'm going to call the second it happens and request a CLI over the phone giving no indication that I just got one online and see what happens.  With the 2 day variety, it's a bit more difficult to know when it happens since you have to check your account to see it.  I think the first time I got an email letting me know, but the second time I'm not sure I ever got that email... and if I did, I know it was significantly after me actually noticing the new credit limit on my account online.

Message 24 of 31
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Confirmed that the number goes to "lending" which is the same group that process the 2-day's...  So, it seems to be a loophole on the instant approves being able to duoble dip for some reason the computers must not be picking up the acceptance of an insta approved CLI online and reflecting it on the "lending" computers until an overnight refresh.

Message 25 of 31
iNathanDrake
Valued Member

So I did my CLI for AMEX today (didn't wanna wait for tomorrow) and got approved for 9k (previous was 3k). Something I noticed, in the request page, it says put the amount you want your limit to go to,  I put what would make triple as always, but what happens if you request more than the triple? Will it work or will it decline? Guess food for thought for June! Smiley Very Happy

ALSO..... I tried with discover again, got rejected again... what gives?! I'm a frequent user, my payments are always on time, I make large payments atleast twice a month (around 6-800 dollars per payment). Why do they keep declining me?! If not for this darn cash back match I would soooo sock drawer this card! 

Message 26 of 31
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

3X seems to be the max they'll approve from many tries around here according to the extensive 3X thread.  

Disco likes it more when you play hard to get vs swiping so much you wear the numbers off.  Doubling makes it hard to resist using it for some but, if you want growth try pulling back to 10% of your limit for spend and let that report and you could end up with a nice CLI.  It's def not a science but, it's been tried and true for a few less is more with Disco.

Message 27 of 31
iNathanDrake
Valued Member

I see! Well I can play that then! I pushed chase into giving me a credit line increase automatically in kind of the same way. I'll go back to using my Amex then, it's my favorite card in my collection anyway, and with my new increase I'm well under 10%. Smiley Very Happy
Message 28 of 31
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Just keep something like a monthly bill on Disco and set it to autopay and hit the button every other month in the meantime.  Don't cut them off completely from spend/pay each month.  If you are willing to do a HP and your profile is strong you can always call them and force a CLI.

Message 29 of 31
iNathanDrake
Valued Member

Nah I'll just lower my activity and lower my balance some. I don't want to use any more HPs for a while.
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.